AIRLINER - 1/144 Nok Air 'Nemo' 737-800 (Revell)

It's been a while since I've built Revell's 1/144 737-800 and I fancied a 'quick build' after the nightmare of Revells 1/48 F-5F :)

This one has been built almost oob, the only change being replacing the kit engine fans with home-made decals on plasticard. The main decals were from Gio (the Nok Air scheme) and Authentic Airliners (fuselage windows). The model was hand painted using Model Color acrylic for the orange, Tamiya X2 acrylic for the white, Humbrol 85 acrylic black, and Xtracolour enamel greys for the wings. I also painted the yellow beak rather than the Gio decal to avoid inevitable decal wrinkling and creasing around the complex nose curves.

I've not used Gio decals before - lets face it, they're not easy to get hold of, but a word of warning: check your references carefully before using them as I found a major error in this set. Gio has printed the Nok logo (yellow beak on white disc) with the beak mirrored so that it always faces forwards i.e it would be different on the port and starboard sides. This, however, is not correct as the Nok beak always points to the left and is therefore the same on both sides of the airframe. Luckily the decal sheet has 4 options of Nok aircraft so I had enough correct-facing logos to build this model. I will need to make some replacements though if I want to do any of the other options from this sheet. Another error is that the white Nok telephone number font (forward fuselage below windows) is too small.

This is also the first time I've used Authentic Airliners windows, but I understand now why everyone raves about them - they really look nice. Anyway, hope you like :)

412211555.jpg

412211556.jpg

412211557.jpg

412211559.jpg

• Like 23

Brilliant finish! What a Gorgeous pig!

Looking at the engine's on the picture, I can't actually tell that it's on plasticard, looks very real!

Bonkers livery, just what I like, still can't believe you hand painted those black lines!

Top marks from me :D

Very well done indeed. I looked at the pics before reading your intro, and was impressed with the detail inside the engines, wondering "how did he do that?"

Brightened up my morning, that's for sure.

Cheers,

Mike