Orange Gannet--Revell's 1/72 Gannet T.5--Pics added!

Arie

Well, having built Trumpeter & Frog's Gannets, and nearly scratch-building an AEW.3 with scant help from Airmodel's vacuform conversion--Revell's raises few complaints! I truly enjoyed building this one--the detail is great, the fit is fantastic, and it looks the part.

I opted for the weathered paint look the retired bird acquired in civilian life, but left off the civy registration to keep the operational feel--I'm not sure what the Puma logos on the aft fuselage are for either. My only niggles was the usual, matt finish of Revell's decals, the fact that is well nigh impossible to pack enough weight in the nose to keep it on its undercarriage, and the fact that the nose wheel hubs were concave, unlike most of the Gannets I've seen.

Anyone know if the T.5s ever carried any sort of inert/practice weapons (torpedoes, depth bombs, sacks of flour, etc?) I'd love to put something in that vast, empty weapons bay, but couldn't find any references...

Anyway, here's the result--hope you enjoy!

24909251212_e5e168ba29_b.jpg

25000954886_4127a2353f_b.jpg

25000956456_3a7404badd_h.jpg

-Arie

Edited by Arie
  • Like 58

Nice work.... Any chance of a group photo with the others? :winkgrin:

Looks good to me! A better picture of that line up of your Gannets would be good.

Martin

That looks great! Not an was kit to build Imo. You've done a splendid job! Group photo definitely called for.

Many thanks all, I definitely can do--I'll get the camera out for a 'family photo' after work--still getting 'round to building a COD bird, but it's in the queue!