**Silver and Gold - Natural Metal Finish Group Build - 30!

Cookenbacher

Welcome aboard Hockeyboy, Avereda and David! I kind of thought interest had dwindled on this one, but you've given it new life. I'll add you folks to the list.

I'm looking forward to what each of you will build if this goes through, and what you'll name your pilot Hockeyboy. :D

• Like 2

I'm in! I'm fascinated by NMF aircraft and a great fan of Alclad paints, primers and varnishes.

My only NMF build until now is Airfix's 1/72 Grumman Duck, which was also the first build in which I used Alclad paints (RFI here):

IMAG1394_zpswly3ilgb.jpg

IMAG1396_zpscucj0k7n.jpg

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 3

I remember that Duck Jaime, beautiful Alclad work - thanks for posting some pics and welcome aboard.

Thanks for the kind words David, I just found your Lightning, pretty dang convincing NMF there my friend. I hope you don't mind me linking to it.

Speaking of Lightnings, Hockeyboy may have built one of those.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to what each of you will build if this goes through, and what you'll name your pilot Hockeyboy. :D

I'm sure I will come up with something suitable dude. Nice link to the Lightning too.

• Like 1

Knowing you Enzo, you'll build a half dozen.

That B-36 is spectacular wkennerley - what shades of Alclad did you use? Welcome aboard.

We'll have to make a push to make 30 before voting, but we're well on our way.

Enzo has also pointed out that we need a co-host to join me, so consider this a call for volunteers.

What an excellent idea. I am afraid my efforts wont happen due to agreeing to some other builds and I wont have time but I promise to watch avidly if this gets off the ground. I hope the participants post tons of pics of work in process as I will read, watch and learn enthusiastically.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I must say this is a most intimidating group build .. but in the spirit of skills development I should front up!

I'm glad clarification has already been provided re 'natural' vs painted or metal finishes.  Your very reasonable position on this will allow me to tackle my Wiener Modellbau 1/48 Gloster VI 'Golden Arrow'!!

if not that, then perhaps another Schneider racer with extensive brass surface radiators..

g.

• Like 1