Honda NSR500 '84

WIP can be found here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234986850-tamiya-honda-nsr500-1984/

Detail Up Sets Used:

Hobby Design Detail Up Set

Top Studio Clutch Set

Top Studio Steering Damper

Top Studio Chain Set

Decals:

Tamiya Kit Decals

Tabu Option Decal (for the Michelin logo on the rear swingarm)

Nuts and Bolts:

Various T2M, Top Studio and RB Motion

Wiring and Cables:

T2M, MFH, Tamiya Kit Tubing and Sakatsu Solder Wire

Paint:

Alclad Metalizers (Frame, and Components)

Tamiya Semi Gloss Black TS-29 Decanted (Engine, Front Uprights, Wheel Rims)

Alclad Grey Primer

Zero Paints Honda NSR500 '84 Red and White (Cowlings)

Tamiya TS15 Blue (Cowlings)

Zero Paints 2K Clear

DSC053741.jpg

DSC053761.jpg

DSC053781.jpg

DSC053791.jpg

DSC053801.jpg

DSC053841.jpg

DSC053821.jpg

DSC053831.jpg

DSC053811.jpg

Some detail shots

DSC053941.jpg

DSC053881.jpg

DSC053861.jpg

DSC05390.jpg

DSC05395.jpg

DSC053921.jpg

And here are the cowlings completed, they will not be displayed for the time being until I figure out how to hang them convincingly :)

DSC054011.jpg

• Like 12

Thank you everyone! I am also pleased with how it came out, there are a few places I could have done a better job on, like the grips should have had a smaller gauge wire on them or the tubing should have been a paler shade of red but overall I am happy :)

Beautiful work - love the finish on the exhausts. Looking at their position and size under the tank begs the question though - where did the fuel actually go on these bikes?

Thats the unique thing about this bike and the main reason I built it without the cowlings on it. The tank is actually at the bottom (the big metal thing) and the exhaust expansion chambers are at the top. The bike actually wasnt a great bike and the design lead to issues of it being difficult to turn in as the weight of the bike was so far down, but its pretty gorgeous to look at

• Like 1

It is funny that you should mention the fuel tank location - it was only looking at the stunning detail on this model, and seeing the weld seam lines on the silver tank, that I realized that was where the fuel tank was.

Stunning work.

(what photography set up do you have - one of those 'cube' things?)

• Like 1

Thanks guys :)

It is funny that you should mention the fuel tank location - it was only looking at the stunning detail on this model, and seeing the weld seam lines on the silver tank, that I realized that was where the fuel tank was.

Stunning work.

(what photography set up do you have - one of those 'cube' things?)

Thanks bud, the setup I use is a simple lightbox with lighting from 2 sides. I have a Sony A6000 with a macro lens and I usually take photo's from a little bit further away so that the camera is able to focus on the whole subject. Then I just crop to the size I want it.

• 3 weeks later...

What a fantastic piece of work ! Well done.

Thanks Siffo!

Beautiful build and photography - I've gained a tonne of tips from your WIP's already, need to try your photo tips soon.

Cheers, Dave

Thanks Dave, if you have any questions feel free to ask :)