Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk.I

Here it is, all complete. I planned on doing a diorama with this airplane, but the figure set I got was way out of scale. It was very disappointing.

The build though went very well. This kit has great fit. I previously built the new tool Spitfire, and the fit on that kit was not good at all. Not the case here. I used Tamiya Sky and RAF Dark Green, and used Model Master Acryl for the Dark Earth. All the paints went down great.

Overall impressions: Airfix seems to make good kits for the price. I really enjoyed this particular kit. It has good detail and excellent fit. Some things I did not like: Airfix kits seem to have very thick plastic. In combination with this, the sprue attachment points are very thick. Also, the plastic has a very rough surface, especially on the inside of the fuselage and wings. It was fine with this being a flat finish, but if one were to do a metal finish, it would take much work to smooth the plastic out.

I would certainly recommend this kit. It is a very good kit, especially when you consider the price. I paid $20 USD.

image_zpsjdohw2sj.jpeg

image_zpsie7tpjw2.jpeg

image_zps6kuyzk98.jpeg

image_zpsrnuola4i.jpeg

image_zpsvmjdnbyc.jpeg

image_zpsy1psiivw.jpeg

image_zpsnwitc3rc.jpeg

image_zpsg4huphuh.jpeg

• Like 21

• 4 weeks later...