After becoming slightly obsessed with the new Star Wars movie, i decided i wanted to actually be IN it as a character, unofficially of course. So i needed a ship.. a Starfighter to Bounty Hunter and Smuggle my way accross the galaxy! I love the new T-70 X-Wing esp the new wing design, but i wanted something more individual than just a re-colored one. I love Lamborghini's and Ducati's and after looking at an Aventador.. a light bulb went on in my head.

This isnt an ordinary X-Wing, cockpit forward, based on a lengthened Lamborghini Aventador roadster, now a single seater with Ducati wing Intakes. It will have a segment of Millenium Falcon style engine on the rear, with the main fuselage tapering up/down to meet it.

Lighting planned for Cockpit, Engine nozzles & front guns.

• Like 1

Ducati 1199 Panigale S used for intakes:

engines1_zpszs3wejm5.jpg

engines2_zpspsgeukn6.jpg

engines3_zpss0ffsitw.jpg

engines5_zpso67wfg87.jpg

engines4_zpsa5oyuvbv.jpg

Made a plan for the wings, im going to use 1/4inch aluminium square rods running inside them to give strength and allow them to open/close:

wings%20shrunk%20to%20size%20copy_zpsv9f

Im now working on the base, it will be covered in Bandai death star tiles, more on that to come!

Hope you like it so far, happy modeling :pilot:

• Like 2

Thanks guys! :cheers: Happy you like it, heres a pic to give you an idea of where im heading with this, roof will be on most of the time and clear engine diamond shaped covers (hard to see) will be metal, its about 10 inches long x 12 wide

BobSoloXwingConceptWIPtop_zps5aouz6su.jp

Going for the battered T-70 grey and blue colour scheme

T-70_zpseh9jh1xe.jpg

:hobbyhorse: happy modeling! :pilot:

Edited by BobSolo
  • Like 5

That looks really good!

Loving the Ducati intakes wing shape! :speak_cool:

Thanks! I was surprised how good it looked tbh haha! You never really know till you start chopping things in half, the front pointy bits kinda remind me of dragons claws on thier wings, makes it look more evil and streamlined, it will be interesting to see how they look with wings open/closed from different angles.

With no cargo hold, you must be a real badass bounty hunter that only disintegrates his bounties.

Vader would not be pleased.

Hahaaa! yup i read bounty's like this: "5 million credits - Dead or Alive " :evil_laugh: Vaders nuts.. he said he was my father :mental: i shot at his Star Destroyer for fun and he went crazy! but i have an extra engine, so he cant catch me hahaaaaaa! :pilot:

• Like 2

Cheers Matt, bonkers it is! happy to have you along for the journey! :cheers:

I had an idea for how id look in STAR WARS, i was thinking of a modified Boba Fett helmet with added Samurai Style "Skirt" round the sides/back, then a mix of cloth and body armour for the body, looking more like a Knight of Ren, all scratched up from battles, with a light blue crossblade Lightsaber, a pistol and a few thermal detonators.. and a jet pack! Im thinking of doing a 1/35 seated pilot and also once this models finished a seperate 1/12 figure based on a Bandai Boba figure too!

See ya later! :pilot:

• Like 1

Cheers Rob, i do like to dream! I had more thoughts on a costume:

Helmet: Boba Fetts chopped similar side profile to Kylo Rens Helmet, with added Samurai Skirt round sides and back. Front middle vertical slash in helmet filled with single line of flush vertical cubes, leaving original horizontal eye opening clear.

Torso: Boba Fett with shoulder cloak and slashcut cloth over shoulders. Strap of thermal detonators accross chest. Bobas Pistol and belt minus big front pouches. Custom Jet pack, with missile if it doesnt hit his helmet.

Arms: Kylo Ren with Boba's added shoulder armour and forearm gizmos.

Legs: Kylo Ren with Boba's knee armour and feet. Plus Kylos inner tunic but only below the belt and tatty, split at sides, back piece tapers in the lower it gets.

Sabre: Kylo's with new light blue unstable blades

At 1/12 that should look awesome! At 1/35 i might have to miss a few details off, esp the backpack if hes flying lol, maybe the back pack can fit on back of X-wing seat and act as an ejector seat!

• Like 1

Yes! i did think of that originally when i was going to have a 1/24 scale modified motorbike rider pilot ( the Lambo's 1/24 ), like having him ride forward laying down, legs out back like on a Batman bike, but his legs would have gone into the back too far and i need that space for electronics/wings. Also I wanted to make the X-wing bigger so the pilot had to be smaller so i went 1/35 (also more figures to mod into pilot at 1/35) so bike style seat would have worked then too but his head would have been a bit close to windscreen. But then i had an idea of him sitting upright like normal X-wing pilot, but with multiple head up displays in front of him and that just seemed to look more right in the Lambo cockpit.

Its still a cool idea though. Staying on bikers .. I had an idea for making a copy of this Knight of Ren bike, see far right picture http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252496&p=3851850&viewfull=1#post3851850from a Tamiya motorbike, a Bandai Speederbike (front steering poles/vanes out the back) and a modded Vader. I got the kits for it, but by the time i get round to building it ( i have a mountain of Bandai kits to build allready, plus i want to repaint the remote/voice activated R2 unit and Kylos helmet and mod his saber at some point ) the real Knight of Ren and Bike concept or something better might have come out in a film giving better reference to build a more accurate replica. So ill shelve that idea and prob get it done when im 90 hahaa! Or i might build a snow speederbike instead they look cool in white.

Re X-Wing build, I wanted to build the X-wings, wings from a 1/4" square Aluminium rod running the length of the wing with a 1/4" frame built off that in Evergreen hollow square tube, but one of those two isnt quite 1/4" maybe the plastic Shrinks after being extruded? and whatever i try to make up the difference doesnt work. I cant have uneven thickness on the wings or they wont look right closed. So im thinking about making the wings from sheet Aluminium (for strength) clad top and bottom in styrene sheet. This would look better on the wingtips too as they wouldnt be so thick.

This builds been 99% thinking 1% building so far haha! I dont know what im doing half the time but its fun! :pilot:

• Like 2

Im chopping up a Bamboo box from ikea for the base, its like trying to saw through concrete! but im too far down the rabbit hole to stop now hahaa! Why didnt i use regular wood :banghead: oh thats right.. the box was cheap! :thumbsup: although im sure my big wood saw is blunt now :whistle:

This is fantastic idea the design looks great looking forward to see more.

Looking forward to seeing it completed...

Cheers Guys! :cheers: Theres so much more to come, its going to take a while yet :popcorn: