Shackleton AEW2, Revell, the new one!

mathy

This is the Shackleton I'll be buying - saw a test one built up on the Revell stand at last years' SMW and it looked beautiful. Have to agree with what many have said about the unrealistic weathering finish though, but then again it's your model; you finish it to how you want it to look. :thumbsup:

Edited by techniquest

Personally, I really like the execution of both the build and finish of the model. To me it helps to emphasize the surface details and really makes the model 'pop' on the tabletop. I know that people are commenting that the model is not realistically finished based on the photos of the actual aircraft but honestly it would look a little too bland in this scale without the builder's level of shading. All in all, I think it is a fantastic build and finish and I'll definitely be picking one or two of these up for myself as well as some of the new Eduard brass sets that have been released.

Keep up the good work,

Mark

Edited by ForeverHero

Great stuff. Did you have access to an etch set as well? I am seeing some very fine yellow handles here and there? I like the Airfix Shack but I think this one will be a 'compulsory purchase' as well!!

Simon

Hi Simon,

Yes, I used the Eduard interior set for the Revell Shackleton. It is a really fine one

Hi Mathy,

I had seen this before, and while the weathering is not quite to my taste, I do admit you have done a superb job with it and the build itself. I have the Airfix MR.2, and now looking at this am very much tempted.

You note that it was a test shot. Did you have the instructions, http://www.revell.de/fileadmin/import/images/bau/04920_%23BAU_AVRO_SHACKLETON_AEW2.PDF ?

To anyone who read my misgivings about Revell's Halifax III instructions, the Shackleton instructions are a revelation! Full colour throughout and although I'm now expert, looks to have been CAD produced.

Well done Revell I say, and well done Mathy.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi there, great build - perfect detailing and great paint job. Regarding the weathering - it might be a bit over the top but that's a matter of personal taste.

In Any case it shows great modelling and photographical skills - and the main thing is you are happy with the result.

Thanks for having shown your work here.

Cheers,

Michael

..good job to both ( ..that's M & M)! ..that's the Revell kit 'sold' ; shame there are no hints as to 'buildability' - although as I've still got two Airfix Blenheims on the bench I can probably imagine how that might look ...