Shackleton AEW2, Revell, the new one!

mathy

Hi all,

here my latest build. The new Shackleton AEW2 by Revell in 1:72. It`s a late test-shoot I received by Revell in December. There should be only minor changes to the finished kit. Add some Eduard eatched parts and used DSG colours by Gunze.

fovUzlu5DY.jpg

4QJredJB6p.jpg

90zHs2nMoP.jpg

UWaGo2Yo3i.jpg

rmSJgZJBR5.jpg

DjrQiIHDR9.jpg

gVME21uMVE.jpg

tBOBeptSnf.jpg

oVay6VmITS.jpg

PYqwJbjiRE.jpg

vOdgc4HT5Q.jpg

BdRGo9yLpy.jpg

jWlTfiIvdw.jpg

zVFP9iC4BW.jpg

bHSK76MdXu.jpg

9Js2BR9E9k.jpg

pHH2zdH0Hl.jpg

YAR6o8ZkzZ.jpg

7WJcQiIB6f.jpg

GVf6QiPc3d.jpg

o6VRiqdlwP.jpg

• Like 68

I do like your pics and the model looks great but, I don't ever remember on my ATC summer camps to RA F bases ever seeing a Shackleton with all those gaudy dark lines on them. Personally I think you have spoiled a good model. JMTPW but then I'm not into weathering my models.

Colin

Edited by heloman1
  • Like 8

Nice shack.

I do have to agree with some of the others, I really think you may have gone over the top with the weathering, looks a fantastic kit, but with all my reference photos and experience i don't think i've seen them weathered like that. Your choice of DSG is good for a faded look on the shackle

You win some, you lose some

• Like 8

Beautiful build and finish Mathy,the weathering is a matter of taste personally I can see where you were going with it,Superb job!

Very nice build. Weathering, yeah, a matter of personal taste.

Looks to be a good kit being released by Revell.

As the above quotes. It's yours and if you like it weathered to your taste then so be it. I bet you enjoyed making it.

• Like 2

I `ll be sure that was a lot work when you did that paintjob, but for my personally taste , it is a blow too much. Hope you don`t mind and I´ll be sure you accept constructive critics...

All the best

Andy

It's an absolute beauty of a model. You are obviously incredibly skilled and it shows. I, like many other, am not a huge fan of the quilted panel lines but nonetheless it is executed to a very high standard. Lovely.

That looks superb! Weathering - great! Looks like its a plane that worked hard! Very nice! Modelling should be about enjoying what you build and in the way you like! To me the weathering adds extra interest to an already great model! Only wish I had these skills with my airbrush!

I `ll be sure that was a lot work when you did that paintjob, but for my personally taste , it is a blow too much. Hope you don`t mind and I´ll be sure you accept constructive critics...

All the best

Andy

Sure Andy, but I must say on the pictures it looks much harder than it is on the model. No answer why....

• Like 1

Ok Mathy ,

Looks like I have to eat my words. That was only my first impression, when I saw the model. I think I know the pic you mean and indeed that looks much more harder.

The main thing when we build and paint models is to have fun and I think you had a lot. By the way,, the detailing looks absolute perfect.

Don't get me wrong though Mathy, I think your model is breathtaking! Far beyond anything I can even hope to achieve at this point in time. There's just a bit of a difference in personal taste.