Hello!

Here is my Revell 1/50 Resistance T-70 X-Wing Fighter. A nice easy build, only mods were the droid and pilot. I painted the model as a fictional "Blue III" callsign as I will build Dameron's Black T-70 to fly in formation with this one in the future.

DSC_5506_zpsaaebisuf.jpg

DSC_5505_zpszlohmtvw.jpg

DSC_5510_zpsbvuxlina.jpg

DSC_5502_zps8k1nxv2f.jpg

DSC_5473_zpspg6ervqi.jpg

DSC_5467_zpsuaxejodq.jpg

• Like 10

Nice work. I didn't appreciate that it was a complete repaint until I clicked through and read your blog. Good write up.

I share your enthusiasm for Star Wars models, I've got to get one of these. Australia's a bit left out at the moment. No Bandai kits and nothing from Revell other than the much smaller version of this is available locally at the moment. Hoping that will change in the near future.

• Like 1

Nice build

FYI, I don't know if this helps, but something I've been doing on engines/nacelles (more of a Trekkie kit builder than SW) to give a more realistic feel to exhausts etc is to use a base of silver or shiny aluminium followed by a coat of the appropriate colour in clear (see my Romulan scout ship http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975012-romulan-scout-ship/?hl=romulan). Humbrol silver base, overcoated with Humbrol 1325 clear green.

(I don't do it all the time, the little SW modelling I've done has been a few things in 1/4222 or 1/10000, and there I've used a mix of different matt pale blues for the main engines of corvettes (which seems to work well), and on my 1/2500 build of ST's Kronos One, I did use Vallejo Fluoro Green on the nacelles.)

Not my original idea though, I got the idea for the Romulan ship from a post of a Warbird where the modeller had used clear green on the nacelles, but had put foil behind the plastic.

• Like 1