Airfix Swordfish

Another recent build, a swordfish. Again built straight from the box, although it spent two years on the shelf, half build with almost no hope to be ever finished until something made me approach it again.

It is a 00b build, only added bomb racks from the eduard pe set. The are so tiny that I manged to break a couple of smaller ones while photographing it. I'm now so afraid to touch them that decided to leave them as they are. The lights are placed in wrong way, I understood that when looked at the pictures, so now the are in correct places.

And I painted it in lighter colors than it was to be as the rigtht colors made it look unrealistically too dark. Lower wing were painted in lighter shades, but subsequent weathering made the differnece very subtle. The shadow from the upper wing on the pictures make them look absolutely similar

FSw-1k.jpg

FSw-3k.jpg

FSw-7k.jpg

FSw-10k.jpg

Edited by stinger-d
  • Like 36

Hello,stinger-d - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Swordfish'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the clean patina and the excellent rigging work.She is a resplendent tribute to the type.All the best,Paul.