Tamiya M4A3 75mm Sherman

Dads203

my eyes are always drawn to the casting marks on the turret, they are so good Dan. What you thinking about the stars, they look naff or not to your standard? the crew of that tank certainly didn't want a green on green? Are you following a prototype?

Cheers Guys,

One last pass with this one just over the high points.

Its Olive Drab Shine A.Mig929 is the code. Totally love this paint, no thinning and it brush paints like a dream.. Chuffed to NAAFI Breaks with it.

I'm going to run it through the C-MC next.

P1030568_zpszubloruk.jpg

P1030567_zpscup98nxo.jpg

P1030566_zpsmlxv6abz.jpg

P1030572_zps9lczwxd6.jpg

And some ancillary items.

The good old combat bucket (VC,MM, MBE, DFC)

P1030569_zpsv48gwif0.jpg

And the Civi POL can.

P1030570_zpshcsi6rtm.jpg

P1030571_zps85xpcadg.jpg

Regards

Dan

• Like 5

Hi Dan,

:wow: that does look very good.

See you are using AK Acrylic paint and I noticed you used Tamiya spray can for primer, I have got the primer from AK and having a hard time with it, I did thin with AK thinner and had a few runs, what pressure do you spray at? or should I be using Tamiya primer instead?

Regards

Richard

Love the bucket. All tanks must have a bucket. I'm thinking of starting a Vignette GB which has to feature a bucket.

Awesome work,

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Mike
Removed huge photo-quote
  • Like 4

Hi Dan,

:wow: that does look very good.

See you are using AK Acrylic paint and I noticed you used Tamiya spray can for primer, I have got the primer from AK and having a hard time with it, I did thin with AK thinner and had a few runs, what pressure do you spray at? or should I be using Tamiya primer instead?

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

I don't like AK primer to be honest and I've tried them once , I really like the Alclad grey and the Tamiya fine surface primers as I can always get really good results with them.

As for the Ammo paint I spray at about 15 psi with no issues,

Regards

Dan

• Like 3

Cracking on Dan, i love the pail (pale)? its a nice touch. The modulation looks good and toning down the stars has worked so well i see what your issue was now with them.

• Like 1

It's not often that post personal things here on BM so here is a first for me, a few of you already know as I've been chatting via iMessages on my iPad. Good to see free wifi at the hospitals now :)

Well , back home now so things should get back to normal soon,

Got rushed into Wrexham A&E dept on Sunday morning with chest pains and a racing heart feeling rather unwell,

My heart rate hit and sustained over 170bmp for over 20 mins at its worst during my little AF Attack. All the usual treatments Issued like GTN under the tongue and a rather large dose of Morphine issued, greatly recieved with a laugh and large grin so I was told :)

Blood tests showed no damage to the heart but my heart rate dived faster than a ME109 trying to out run a Spitfire during a dogfight and remained in the mid 30's all day Monday and most of the morning today. The chest pains have subsided and the heart rate improved to the mid 50's, I was released tonight from the Acute Cardio Unit at Wrexham.

I really can't thank the staff enough from the A&E dept and the ACU who looked after me and made sure I was comfortable. So now looking forward, I have been booked for a heart ablation surgery, the way that it was explained is that they are going to remap my heart via surgery, slightly changing the electrical paths to my heart valves.

This was the second trip to A&E this month for the same symptoms , the first was via an ambulance which was a bit scarey at the time (only 2 weeks ago btw) I just popped to see my doc as I felt unwell at the time expecting a change in meds and told to rest for a day or two, how wrong I was !

So hopefully work will continue soon on the Sherman, I the idea is to finish the build before I go in for surgery :)

Regards

Dan

Hi Dan. Sorry to hear your news. Hope all is okay at the moment and that the surgery goes well. Take it easy!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Scary stuff Dan, having had some problems with my pump I can imagine what's running through your head.

Them letting you go back home is a good sign though in my books.

Take it easy mate,

cheers,

Julian

• Like 1

All the best Dan, hope you are feeling better soon.

Are they going to do an Ablation?

I had this done when I had AF and SVT. Good as new now :)

Take care.

Strewth Dan, scary stuff!

Hope all goes well and you recover soon.

A remap? Isn't that what they do to cars to make them go faster?

You'll be finishing projects even quicker than ever! 😄

Al

Edited by Engineer66

Cheers everybody,

Just resting up now I'm back home, the letters have been issued now so I just have to wait for the surgery, been told the wait time could be as little as 2 weeks or upto 12 for the Ablation surgery. I really can't wait to get it done and dusted now as the AF has had a big impact on my quality of living for a while now.

So I better pull my finger out any finish the Sherman, I'm aiming to get some done tomorrow so I'll post an update once I've something to show :)

Cheers for now folks

Dan

• Like 3

So a bit more work today, not much though,

I wasn't happy really with the OD on the tank, to me it was a little to

brown in hue, more suited to a more modern era such as Vietnam.

So what to do, a strip and re-spray would of destroyed at the Archer resin

decals so I decided to touch it up with the Vallejo OD modulation set.

It worked, I'm happy now with the results, its a bit more green.

P1030582_zpsujludrhs.jpg

P1030580_zpswajmihdo.jpg

P1030579_zpsatktrl3y.jpg

P1030581_zps27pmcux1.jpg

P1030578_zpsafmyy6ip.jpg

I've made a bit of a mess with one of the hull stars, some touching up required but nothing serious.

Its not shown on here :)

Dan

• Like 9