Jakks Big Fig Stormtrooper

Hi all,

After a modelling break of almost 8 years I've finally completed something!!. The Jakks Pacific 'Big Figs' stand at 31" tall and are a great base for some 'treatment'. After getting hold of a old school Stormtrooper for £30 I set about turning it into a Sandtrooper.

Firstly I had to sort out the knee plate and the belly armour as these are different on the sandtrooper. The next stage was to make the shoulder pauldron using a full size template and re-sizing it to just under half scale. The pouches were made from the material of an old handbag and some very thick card. The cheek markings had to be re-done using clear decal paper and the printer.

The backpack was a bit of a challenge as the normal parts used in the original cannot be found in the size needed. I used drinking straws for the frame and some lightweight food containers in place of the seed trays, technically the bottom tray isn't correct but I had to make sure it could sit right once in place and wasn't too heavy. The 'bee stinger' was fashioned from a shampoo bottle and the rest of the bits were made from empty containers and bit 'n' bobs scavenged from the greeblies bin.

I decided that the weathering was going to be on the heavy side as the black pauldron denotes an enlisted trooper who would be given plenty to do and it makes them look meaner! The first stage involved giving the figure a complete covering with burnt umber acrylic and then rubbing almost the whole lot back off with some paper towel. The final stage was to use Mig pigments to give the figure a dusty look which helped to tone down the shine a little. Finally the gun received some treatment to make it look a little more realistic but I stopped short of adding a clear eye piece to the sight as the gun is molded to the hand and isn't that easy to work with. Hope you like.

12717849_894067860714856_79966710933322912742768_894067834048192_189861649754243

• Like 6

Thanks guys, I have a 31" Force Awakens Trooper to do as well, that one is going to be weathered and complete with the blood smear on the face. Oh and the 18" R2 which is on the bench next.

• Like 1