Fishy Rust Bucket North sea Trawler

Just had a look and that looks very good, nicely finished into a proper working trawler and great dynamic sea scene.

Reminds me of days gone by visiting the big Ross trawlers on Grimsby Fish Docks open days that used to be a top annual event: this usually included a tour of various trawlers including to see the large marine diesels chugging away, watching fish filleting demonstrations, a tour of the visiting R.N. Fisheries Protection vessel (usually a 'Ton' class minesweeper), watching the local Sea Cadets parade, a look round the various maritime trade stands, and cheering on the dockers v lumpers whale boat rowing race across the main dock - great days!

Thanks Rob glad it has brought back some good memories for you.

Hope I will be able to get some info from you in the future as I have just got the Atlantic Models Ton class sweeper kit looks very nice with some great details and this will be my first venture into the realms of resin so hope I can do it some justice.

Beefy

Very nice build, and that sea scape tops it off nicely, so much so I can feel my weak stomach gurgling! :jealous:

Well done and thanks for showing

Bob

Thanks Bob hope it was the look of the sea that was making your stomach gurgle and not build attempts

Cheers

Beefy

• Like 1

Absolutely outstanding Beefy, great ship build topped off with a stunning sea scape not quite as rough a sea as there was down at Seaham today

mind!

That'll be another bit of Horden beach washed away then. Apparently sand is beginning to appear after many years so I'm reliably informed.

• Like 1

That'll be another bit of Horden beach washed away then. Apparently sand is beginning to appear after many years so I'm reliably informed.

Yes Darby if you scrub it for long enough you can get it clean

Lovely, strangely the second model of this kit I've seen today! Having built the 'Russian spy trawler' release in the early 80s, I now have a hankering to do it again!

Dave you will not be disappointed with this kit lots of fun to be had with this

Makes me feel cold, wet, tired, miserable, tired, wet, miserable, cold, tired. Brilliant job well done!

Cheers Jockster glad you like mate

Beefy