Olimp/Whirlybird kits.

Head in the clouds.

Now c'mon John, you are just showing off now, oh I bloody love it, I have seen pics of the lightning before but the second pic is new to me, what is it ? And, more to the point, where did you get it ?, looks very official but no answer needed for the second question,' wink wink'.

Or this one?

DSC_0024_zpsdstvx00l.jpg

John

That's a great collection of Canberras! What's the white one nearest the camera in the first photograph - is that the Short SC.9? That's one I want! Beautifully absurd-looking, at the least the front end.

Regards,

Jason

How do you like this one Kes?

WTM%20AWSG4173%20Lightning%20019_zps9w5q

John

That looks too me like an aerodynamic test model to find solutions of chronic short range supersonic research aircraft (ER103) into a viable front line interceptor for the Royal Air Force with a fuel load which doesn't need monitoring the moment the landing gear leaves the runway!! They adopted the ventral tank and eventually the overwing tanks but the tip tanks are new??

Great photo John, one of many you seem to have?? Sadly I can't think of a reason why you should post the photo you have of a Lightning undergoing ground cannon firing trials! Brilliant photo so evocative of it's time!! some one build a cannon armed Lightning here quick to make it relevant !!

. . . Kes

. . .Kes

• Like 1

That looks too me like an aerodynamic test model to find solutions of chronic short range supersonic research aircraft (ER103) into a viable front line interceptor for the Royal Air Force with a fuel load which doesn't need monitoring the moment the landing gear leaves the runway!! They adopted the ventral tank and eventually the overwing tanks but the tip tanks are new??

Great photo John, one of many you seem to have?? Sadly I can't think of a reason why you should post the photo you have of a Lightning undergoing ground cannon firing trials! Brilliant photo so evocative of it's time!! some one build a cannon armed Lightning here quick to make it relevant !!

. . . Kes

. . .Kes

Spot on Kes! I think it looks rather rakish with the Starfighter style tip tanks,

Now c'mon John, you are just showing off now, oh I bloody love it, I have seen pics of the lightning before but the second pic is new to me, what is it ? And, more to the point, where did you get it ?, looks very official but no answer needed for the second question,' wink wink'.

I'm not sure HitC I'll see if I can find a project number on the drawing, I have a few more from the same stable if I can track them down :)

John

• Like 1

Great drawing there John, Oh what might have been if the government of the day had seen the potential of the British aircraft industry in terms of export revenue?

Interesting wing thickness alternatives too, high supersonic thin or high subsonic low level thick maybe?

The caption in the lower R/H corner looks to read 'GA aircraft M5 P37' I have seen General arrangement drawings of English Electric projects (which is what the 'P' stands for?) but not P37??

Are you seeing this Mr Whirlykit, time to grab an exclusive!!

. . . Kes

• Like 1

Great drawing there John, Oh what might have been if the government of the day had seen the potential of the British aircraft industry in terms of export revenue?

Interesting wing thickness alternatives too, high supersonic thin or high subsonic low level thick maybe?

The caption in the lower R/H corner looks to read 'GA aircraft M5 P37' I have seen General arrangement drawings of English Electric projects (which is what the 'P' stands for?) but not P37??

Are you seeing this Mr Whirlykit, time to grab an exclusive!!

. . . Kes

I am with you on this one Kes, it would be nice to have a model of it.

Just recieved my kits from Whirlybirds and after initial inspection they have changed my opinion of vacform kits, the detail looks sharp and crisp and the plastic is not thin and flimsy, the white metal components are flash free and the resin looks spot on. Even the box is good.

I feel another purchase creeping up.

Well done Whirlybirds

• Like 1

It's my mission to infect the world with the Canberra virus! :)

John

Already infected. I just wish it wasn't so difficult to build a B2 or B6 in 1/72.

It's my mission to infect the world with the Canberra virus! :)

John

Already infected. I just wish it wasn't so difficult to build a B2 or B6 in 1/72.

• Like 1

I don't see alternative wing sections, just lateral slices which would be used for internal volume, equipment fits, and area rule calculations, if nothing else. The original EE proposal to GOR 339 was the P.17. P.37 is described in Putnam's EE Aircraft as a STOL strike fighter for the RAF and RN. It is therefore a competitor to the P.1154 and Phantom.

However, there was no great demand worldwide for aircraft supersonic carrier aircraft.

• Like 1

I was looking at the Lonewolf site Kes and there are many homegrown models of cancelled or proposed planes and some look fantastic, it seems a shame not too model them just because they only flew as a paper plane, somebody somewhere put a lot of time, thought and imagination into those creations and it would be a nice continuation to the theme of prototypes and testbeds.

Just think, more models to buy and build,....ooh, just think of the fun you could have!

What is the link to the 'Lonewolf site', please?

David