AS.350 Squirrel MACH2 1/72

Great work Jimbob. Looks great. Please finish it off as a WIP and present it as a Ready for Inspection.

• Like 1

No problem 825 & AdrianMF willdo.Thanks for the encouragement bud & good luck with the Dragonfly.By the way what's your thoughts on the MACH2 kits?I think their glazing needs to be improved in future kits,instructions are very basic but then their kits are not for beginners so not a big deal.Fair dues to them for making kits of aircraft that others shy away from.

Adios,

Jimbob.....

Edited by dude_gan_ainm

• 2 weeks later...

No problem 825 & AdrianMF willdo.Thanks for the encouragement bud & good luck with the Dragonfly.By the way what's your thoughts on the MACH2 kits?I think their glazing needs to be improved in future kits,instructions are very basic but then their kits are not for beginners so not a big deal.Fair dues to them for making kits of aircraft that others shy away from.

Adios,

Jimbob.....

They are a bit of work Jimbob. And the glazing is pretty bad. Really thick and not very clear and the case of my Dragonfly, none of the cabin windows fitted the space they should have gone. I must have spent hours trimming, sanding, filling and polishing, and not always in that order.

They are pretty reasonable in shape but the casting is indistinct at times, if that's the right word. They lack crispness and although I'm not expecting Airfix/Revell quality, it could be a bit better. Next time, I've a Squirrel in the stash, I'll probably start with a gentle sand and polish of all the parts, then wash them in soapy water. And there is a lot flash.

Mind you for many subjects they are the only option, and/or an option that is reasonably available. I've restarted on the Dragonfly and to finish before Christmas!

Good luck with your Squirrel.

• 5 months later...