Airfix / Aeroclub Canberra B.2

woody37

I guess you had no problems fitting the cockpit section to the fuselage, it looks great in the photos. The panel lines and riveting looks wonderful to me too, if I'd just seen that last set of photos I would have been asking when the new Canberra kit had been released.

Duncan B

• Like 2

...if I'd just seen that last set of photos I would have been asking when the new Canberra kit had been released.

Duncan B

Hopefully if fate is kind the announcement will be made just after woody finishes that beauty!!

I concur with all other comments made by Duncan too Neil, she's looking marvellous!

keith

• Like 3

I guess you had no problems fitting the cockpit section to the fuselage, it looks great in the photos. The panel lines and riveting looks wonderful to me too, if I'd just seen that last set of photos I would have been asking when the new Canberra kit had been released.

Duncan B

Had no problems fitting the nose Duncan, but took several cycles of the sand, fill sand to remove the join line as you'd expect. A full radius tab is provided on the nose so it slots in nicely. Found it strange working with the transparent halves so I stuck some primer on early on so I could see what I was working with.

Hopefully if fate is kind the announcement will be made just after woody finishes that beauty!!I concur with all other comments made by Duncan too Neil, she's looking marvellous!keith

Lol, they did that just after I finished an old Blenheim, so let's hope they do the same again!

Cheers for the comments guys :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Progress is slow....but it is progressing.....slowly!!!!

I used the vac canopy rather than the resin one that comes with the Aeroclub conversion. Had some fiddly issues blending it in, mostly my own doing. I'm going with the scheme for WH640 which has MSG / Light Slate grey upper camo over PR blue and Suez stripes. I never had any LSG so used Tamiya Field Grey with some white in which is close enough for me. Next step is masking for the PR blue to be added and I've just thought....not checked if I have any!

14_zpslzegsklg.jpg

15_zps0rvqhcfw.jpg

The interior bits have been primed in black to create some tonal variations for when the silver is sprayed

16_zps4okmm6en.jpg

The fuselage has been riveted and scribed to busy it up a bit although I know the Canberra's had a very smooth finish, but prefer a touch of artistic licence...

17_zpsr2rychbv.jpg

Cheers

Neil

• Like 6

Still looking great Neil, though I stilling fondling mine (received special dispensation from the courts, as long as I didn't do it front of the kids or dog) but am considering the PR.9 after I've cleared the Mosquito from the desk!

• Like 1

Still looking great Neil, though I stilling fondling mine (received special dispensation from the courts, as long as I didn't do it front of the kids or dog) but am considering the PR.9 after I've cleared the Mosquito from the desk!

:rofl:

There's still time to make more mistakes John, quite good at scoring own goals on the finishing straight!!!

Got the decals on and done some weathering up top. Still more work to do below. Decalling has been troublesome. The Airfix decals were very translucent so had to put double layers on. Fortunately, I had some Tamiya white discs from a Spitfire set that went under the wing roundels to hide the stripes but they're still slightly visible. The Modeldecal ones suffered badly from silvering and had a yellow gunge which needed removing. Anyway, as it stands today....

21_zpskpyyctgr.jpg

22_zpsdg81cbrj.jpg

23_zpsitsjehra.jpg

24_zpszikzw5d8.jpg

• Like 14

Fortunately the Modeldecal ones are quite resilient and I managed to dip the big ones in the water to wash most of the gunk off but a bath of Kleer under them before they dry out on the surface might be a good idea John :)

Cheers