British 25pdr field gun and Quad gun Tractor. (Pull the other one)

Badder

Can you take a picture of the label? I have some Japanese contacts!

If you go to my Armour WIP, Universal Carrier, there's a photo of the label on there.

And let me know what it says, cos I'd like to know too! :popcorn:

I tried a quick search and couldn't find it, so rather than trawl through pages I will just post another photo|! Hang on. Patience

Edited by Badder

Nice start badder!

I have two of the 1/72 versions of these on the go for the battles my son and I have. The guns and limbers are done but I keep putting the quads off. My crew are also 'topless' which makes it a bit chilly for the crew given all our battles are NWE 44/45.

Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Andrew

• Like 1

Nice start badder!

I have two of the 1/72 versions of these on the go for the battles my son and I have. The guns and limbers are done but I keep putting the quads off. My crew are also 'topless' which makes it a bit chilly for the crew given all our battles are NWE 44/45.

Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Rather you than me at that scale! This kit has one driver wearing a short sleeve shirt.and shorts, but I have spare waist-downs, so I will probably swap them over.

Thanks for looking,

Badder.

• Like 1

I understand perfectly, you will not see, but "annoying" know that there is something there that is waiting to be completed, and raisins on tiptoe, "out of sight, out of mind ....".
:sleep_1:

Well for now.

Well, your sister in law is Japanese, you will have facilities for Japanese brands (Tamiya, Hasegawa, etc ...), which envy..lol :winkgrin:

Cheers Badder

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

Apparently it roughly translates to:

Water grey paint.

Grit, 2 excellent colours

To make different textures, for instance asphalt.

Without strong smells.

I'll see if I can find the manufacturer and get my contact to send it over :P

• Like 1

Water grey paint.

Without strong smells.

Thanks Tom, MUCH appreciated. I have 11 pots of differing colours and grit size, including white, black, grey, several yellows and greens which can be used for snow, sand, asphalt, grass, moss, etc. I have used all except the snow and asphalt, but I am planning on a snow diorama in the future.

Regards,

Badder.

The washes on the texture paste look amazing. I sometimes use Vallejo texture paints in a similar way. Out of the pot, they can look garishly bright, but once they're painted/washed they can look very realistic.

And I approve of your musical accompaniment. Painting and weathering always goes better with a bit of Maiden in the background

Andy

The washes on the texture paste look amazing. I sometimes use Vallejo texture paints in a similar way. Out of the pot, they can look garishly bright, but once they're painted/washed they can look very realistic.

And I approve of your musical accompaniment. Painting and weathering always goes better with a bit of Maiden in the background

Andy

Cheers Andy,

The best xmas present a modeller could have I think (short of a top of the range air-brush!)

I've used the 'grit paints' on two models now (when they are actually meant for dioramas) and the effects are brilliant. I've also used it on my diorama 'Lost in France' where the grey grit paint made a nice stone texture and the greens made excellent moss/lichen. The stuff dries rubbery at first but then turns more rubbery/crispy and accepts washes and dry brushing really well too.

As for the modelmaking to the accompaniment of maiden, my favourite tracks are 'The Number of Piece, To Tame a Landrover, The Loneliness of the Long Range Desert Group Chevy, Hallowed be thy Flamethrower, Can I play with Milliput? and of course, Two Minutes to Dry Right. :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking,

Badder.

:yikes:

• Like 1

I've gotten round to doing the Quad's tyres. Ordinarily I'd paint them with a brush but I decided to use an airbrush instead. I masked the wheel hubs with plasticine. It's an easy job. I just made a disc of the stuff, pressed it over the hub so that it overhung the wheel rim, then used a scalpel to scribe around the outside of the plasticine, using the rim as a physical guide (like running a scalpel along the edge of a ruler) I stuck the wheels on toothpicks and gave them a spray with Humbrol matt enamel 66 (a dark grey)

DSC00713_zpsfehfhexo.jpg

DSC00714_zpsvedhjkl0.jpg

Once this had dried, I used the scalpel to prise up the plasticine and then pulled it off in more or less one piece. Any bits left stuck to the details were removed using a needle.

DSC00716_zpsruvqlzpw.jpg

More work to do on these wheels yet.

Meanwhile:

Dark brown pin washes have been applied to the Quad, Limber Carrier and gun and all were given a treatment with Humbrol Dark Earth weathering powder.

DSC00708_zps1bu4u8uz.jpg

DSC00712_zpsrzez7agt.jpg

DSC00709_zpshe5e12bm.jpg

TFL,

Badder.

Edited by Badder
  • Like 2

Water grey paint.

Without strong smells.

Well, here's the back. I'm guessing that IF there is the manufacturer's name on here, it's that line at the very bottom?

DSC00747_zps4miq5tdk.jpg

Cheers,

Badder

Edited by Badder

A load of pics showing weathering progress....

DSC00737_zpspkfmfv02.jpg

Wheels dry-fitted and unfinished. Bits of Plasticine still to clean off most wheels. There are a few bits of painting still to do on this gun, silver parts, canvas parts and silvering of worn parts.

DSC00731_zps2u1pyhg6.jpg

DSC00733_zpszhun2uzl.jpg

DSC00732_zpszu9gmytn.jpg

DSC00730_zpsyk3go9zw.jpg

DSC00728_zpsjsp9mren.jpg

More to follow....

Edited by Badder
  • Like 3

A couple of parts plus stowage still to add to the Limber Carrier...

DSC00725_zpsdyat0zao.jpg

Plasticine...

DSC00724_zps3xocexvk.jpg

Underside more or less complete. Wheel hubs to be weathered.

DSC00738_zpsf95vlzty.jpg

DSC00735_zps5daxekv5.jpg

Winch cable rollers to be silvered more with graphite stick

DSC00739_zps07pchb07.jpg

And a few more....

• Like 3

I may scratch a new cover for the sky-light.

[DSC00744_zpsxgxmhcuc.jpg[/url]

Vehicle Weight and Pass Notices to be added to front fenders...

[DSC00743_zps5jbq8nks.jpg[/url]

DSC00742_zpsg3kehumx.jpg[/url]

Plasticine.... Upper bodywork dry-fitted hence gaps.

[DSC00721_zpspcyikeoy.jpg[/url]

[DSC00723_zpswn4sa8hi.jpg[/url

And that concludes this evenings film.....

TFL,

Badder.

Edited by Badder
  • Like 7

getting there, really nice progress

Really looking fantastic now Badder

Andy

That is looking very impressive! :goodjob:

An entire session of good work is being fine, I have wanted to see the end.

greetings Badder :thumbsup:

Thanks guys,

Glad you like it. I could have done better on the undersides, and the engine, it won't be seen, but I wanted to give the old grit paints a bash again. And Francis, patience is a virtue! :fight:

Regards,

Badder.

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

Hi Andrew,

Rather you than me at that scale! This kit has one driver wearing a short sleeve shirt.and shorts, but I have spare waist-downs, so I will probably swap them over.

Thanks for looking,

Badder.

That's what I though when I opened the box and saw the sprues :yikes:- you have to remember I had been working exclusively on QB up to that point!!

Andrew

• Like 1

That's what I though when I opened the box and saw the sprues :yikes:- you have to remember I had been working exclusively on QB up to that point!!

Andrew

I dunno what QB is but I guess it's something to do with modelling and not searching for a cure for some tropical disease!

Regards, Badder

I dunno what QB is but I guess it's something to do with modelling and not searching for a cure for some tropical disease!

Regards, Badder

:oops: - no definitley not a tropical disease!! Sorry for assuming you knew what I meant!! :banghead:

QB = quickbuild 1/72 e.g Armourfast, Plastic Soldier Company, smaller Zvezda pieces.

My son wanted a kit about 18 months ago (he six and half at the time) and all I knew from my youth was Airfix and the like but they were just too much for him but then I discovered quick build kits. They're not everyones cup of tea but are perfect for him at his age, as he can help build almost the entire kit and have something to show for it pretty quickly and we have now quite a little collection for our own little wargames (sad but true!!) :blush: With a little it of work they can look pretty good.

Hopefully he'll get onto more experienced things as he grows older - if not, it will hopefully be a nice chidhood memory and more importantly it got me back into the hobby!! :thumbsup:

Thanks again for sharing! It's turning out VERY well indeed!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All the best.

Andrew

• Like 2

n

:oops: - no definitley not a tropical disease!! Sorry for assuming you knew what I meant!! :banghead:

QB = quickbuild 1/72 e.g Armourfast, Plastic Soldier Company, smaller Zvezda pieces.

My son wanted a kit about 18 months ago (he six and half at the time) and all I knew from my youth was Airfix and the like but they were just too much for him but then I discovered quick build kits. They're not everyones cup of tea but are perfect for him at his age, as he can help build almost the entire kit and have something to show for it pretty quickly and we have now quite a little collection for our own little wargames (sad but true!!) :blush: With a little it of work they can look pretty good.

Hopefully he'll get onto more experienced things as he grows older - if not, it will hopefully be a nice chidhood memory and more importantly it got me back into the hobby!! :thumbsup:

Thanks again for sharing! It's turning out VERY well indeed!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All the best.

Andrew

Ahhhh I see now. Thanks Andrew. I am enlightened!

And how brilliant for you and your son. Keep it up and cherish it while it lasts!

Sadly, my sons have grown up and aren't that keen on modelling any more, despite me buying them some! I say that, but one is going into engineering and designing motorbikes... yeeeuuuk!

Regards,

Badder.