Airfix new tooling

593jones

After all the revenue that has been created from the KitStarter Beagle Basset, the big news is a new tool Beagle Basset for £9.99 (#).

#source: Fido's school of snooping courtesy of Nick Hornby and the Range :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Ray

The latest Airfix Workbench states that Airfix have 'some mouth-watering new tooling information to tell you about in the very near future, we are not quite in a position to begin making announcements just yet.'

"...we are not quite in a position to begin making announcements just yet..."

With everything that's going on at the moment, that really is a heck of an understatement. Unless the announcement was the resignation of the CEO? Maybe the new kit is a 1:1 scale Chief Executive Officer?

• Like 1

1/72 per original post: there's already a 1/48 Avenger from Accurate Miniatures (with folding wings) though I believe it's been re-issued under other labels.

P.S If you are 593jones, then I'm 683jones: work that out for yourself![/quote

Without checking, something to do with very special medals awarded in the Zulu war? William and Robert I believe.

"...we are not quite in a position to begin making announcements just yet..."

With everything that's going on at the moment, that really is a heck of an understatement. Unless the announcement was the resignation of the CEO? Maybe the new kit is a 1:1 scale Chief Executive Officer?

Announced today:

DIRECTORATE CHANGE

The Board of Hornby Plc ("Hornby"), the international hobby products group, today announces that Richard Ames is stepping down as Chief Executive and is leaving the business with immediate effect.

Roger Canham the current Chairman will move to take over as Executive Chairman and will lead the Group for the foreseeable future.

Cheers,

Bill

PS. They didn't say whether his exit was voluntary or not. Hornby stock went up 34% today. However, this advisory is not particularly good news.

As mouth watering is part of the digestive process I presume they are moving into food production.

Or perhaps they are producing 1/16 scale City investment bankers.

Complete with needles to stick into them?? :evil_laugh:. Of course the one thing that CAN be guaranteed is the speed with which the announcement creates yet another "Oh no! Why did they do THIS when modellers are crying out for THAT" type threads. As long as it is (1) not yet another Spitfire and, (2) a new tool Vulcan B1/B2 and/or 1/72 VC-10, I will be happy :lol: . Actually, I'm sure I will be happy anyway given Airfix's recent release history. However, joking and speculation aside, the announcement says "new tooling information". I suggest therefore that it might just be updates/pictures of test shots for existing release announcements. That, at least will give the internet experts and cyber warriors who love to condemn kits as "fatally flawed", wholly inaccurate" and "totally unbuildable" before they are even produced the chance to make complete idiots of themselves!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 4

Later today it's off to Hendon for the Airfix presentation on building/tooling a Battle of Britain line up: I forget the exact title.

We're still awaiting a 'mouthwatering' announcement which I suspect, like the B-17 will be made during the presentation.

For the Battle of Britain line up from recently (re)tooled subjects:

RAF

Spitfire

Hurricane

Blenheim

Gladiator

Luftwaffe

Me 109

Me 110 (though a slightly later model ?)

Ju 87 Stuka

Do 17

He 111

So what's missing from the line up?

Ju 88, 'short wing' version, never (?) previously tooled!

That's what I reckon the announcement will be

Denford, on 19 Feb 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

Ju 88, 'short wing' version, never (?) previously tooled!

That's what I reckon the announcement will be

That's the glaring omission from the collection

The Ju 88A-1 is on my list of predictions

• Like 1

For the Battle of Britain line up from recently (re)tooled subjects:

This:

222-72024celk.jpg

Retooling of old Airfix Fiat G.50 is a good idea too.

Can we count Faire Battle to Battle of Britain too? It was used (also by Polish squadron) in operations against shipping massed in the Channel ports for Operation Sealion.