Tiger Hobbies 1/48 F-5A Philippines Blue Diamonds

Hi everyone,

So I thought I would drop this in here too, this is my completed build of the Tiger Hobbies F-5A kit in 1/48 Scale that I put together for the F-5 STGB. This was my first ever Group Build I have taken part in and want to thank everyone involved for their help, encouragement and information.

I built her in the Philippines Blue Diamonds Acro Team Livery it comes with in the box. I know this kit has its inaccuracies but most do and I have to say it was really fun to build and regardless of the problems it still builds into a nice looking model when its complete and for the price I am more than happy with it. It's completely OOB, nothing added, painted in Tamiya and Revell Aqua acrylics and finished with Winsor & Newton Varnishes.

There was a minor disaster towards the end of my build with me destroying parts of decals that were already applied and some filler/paint went missing at this stage too. I will probably add a light panel wash in the future at some point. Build thread is here if anyone is interested in that kind of stuff.

24617060359_890fdd3295_b.jpg

24958366796_6b9b9b777c_b.jpg

24689166340_44c6621166_b.jpg

24984666725_bb76daf51b_b.jpg

24866671932_4cb962d973_b.jpg

24984660425_b84ba8ec8a_b.jpg

• Like 8

Hello,Synopsis Good to see you back on RFI. :) My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'F-5'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and commend the clean patina.If she was mine,I wouldn't do another thing with her.In her unusual markings she is a resplendent tribute to the type.All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1