1:72 CMR de Havilland Sea Venom FAW.53

Yeah Bill hang in there. We need lots more of your superb build threads . If only modelling glues still had the the slightly dodgey chemicals in them that they had 20 years ago ,then you wouldn't need to change opiates ! Just smelling the glues could send anybody to a happy place ☺

• Like 2

No luck modelling yesterday. As soon as I sat at my workbench, a massive withdrawal event decided to start. No rest for the wicked I guess. :(

I'll try again tomorrow, but since I have now stopped Fentanyl completely I can expect the withdrawal to get worse before it gets better. The substitution of more Oxycodone can partially compensate for the loss of Fentanyl, but since the two affect the brain with slightly different mechanisms (or so I'm told) it isn't tit for tat. I just want to get off these freaking drugs, not become a chemist in the process! Sorry, no humour today.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4

I can only repeat what others have said.

Get well and as soon as possible.

If you just want a chat, we're here :)

Trevor

+1

Look after yourself the Venom can wait

Hope your feeling better soon

Roger

Thanks, mates. I never thought this would be so difficult. I just emerged from almost 16 hours of full blown withdrawal - trembling, shaking, sweating, aching, chills, nausea, you name it. No matter how much oxycodone I took it didn't help. Holy crap! I haven't slept or eaten anything since last Thursday night. My skin was literally crawling - I don't know how I got through it. I talked to my doc in the middle of it and she said it was all from stopping the Fentanyl, and that I can expect it to probably happen again before I go on the Suboxone on April 7. Oh joy! Somebody just shoot me. :(

Wifey was quite upset and wanted me to put the Fentanyl patches back on. "Why are you doing this to yourself?" she asked. Because this is what these drugs do to you! This is weird, but going through this has strengthened my resolve. Stubborn indeed!

Anyway, enough for now.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 7

Bill I can't imagine what that must be like! But as you have said the drugs can't being doing just good work to you if they make you feel like this when you stop.

Hope you keep strong mate, thoughts are with you!

Rob

• Like 2

I am sure a lot of us would like to say something constructive to help you in your hour of need Bill. My only thought is to watch some British comedy, Blackadder comes to mind. Sorry, just a thought.

• Like 2

Bill, I hit the "like" button on your post because of this:

This is weird, but going through this has strengthened my resolve. Stubborn indeed!

I admire your resolution and strong will!

And, as Cookie says:

Keep at it Bill, you've got a whole cheering section here.

Ciao

• Like 3

On 4/2/2016 at 18:01, caseyjones said:

I am sure a lot of us would like to say something constructive to help you in your hour of need Bill. My only thought is to watch some British comedy, Blackadder comes to mind. Sorry, just a thought.

I took your suggestion and watched all of the Monty Python movies - you're right it gets my mind off of it.

I got through the second big withdrawal event, and it didn't last as long this time - only about six hours. Doc says coming down off of Fentanyl is about the same as heroin. You know, how come nobody told me that before I started using it? I might have decided to try something else!

I have to stop the oxycodone at 14:00 this Wednesday, and then Thursday afternoon I start the Suboxone. In order for the doc to determine the correct dosage, I have to be in full withdrawal from the oxy. I told wifey to get me a straitjacket for Wednesday night...

Hands still not steady enough for any serious modelling. The withdrawal has given me a good shot of peripheral neuropathy too. I'm told that will go away. It better!

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 8

Good man Bill, I really admire your mettle. Good luck over the next few days - I'm sure you know we'll be thinking of you :)

• Like 2

Good to see your sense of humo(u)r remains unaffected.

Keep fighting, keep posting (even if it's only in the four word story - plug over ;) )

Hope to see you back whittling away (do you whittle resin?) soon.

Trevor

• Like 1

When I was suffering the fiery hot knees of molten lava that is osteoarthritis in full on mode some of the more common pain relief medicines were all my doc would prescribe

"There are many other medicaments that can hide the pain, none of them are worth the risk"

He told me to use co-codamols as a last resort (they have nasty effects on yer innards amongst others)

Then he got me in to surgery for each knee when it got unbearable, the lack of the lava like leg pain after showed me how important a decent pain relief session is

Bill, from one Bill to another, I hope the ride down is smooth as possible and makes life better for you

your problems are far outside what I had to deal with

keep trying to look on the bright side mate

The Sea Vixen is going to be a nice part of the respite, I'm looking forwards to sharing it with you

• Like 2

I really feel for you Bill it sounds as though you are going through hell at the moment. If it helps I try and view my health problems as bitter enemies that I will fight tooth and nail and never give in to. That way I can use hate in a constructive manner to get through things. John Lydon says (aka Johnny Rotten) "anger is an energy" and when you think about it he is right.

Martin

• Like 2