HGUC NZ-666 Kshatriyia 1/144 scale.

So along with the little beagguy I have the Kshatriya on the work bench ( technically I have a Vanship as well but that has been put to back of this list for now), this is another Bandai kit but I also have a 3rd party wing kit I bought from ebay, the replacement wing parts have better details and moving parts ooooh. I have made a start on the extra wings as like most 3rd party kits these are going to take a bit of extra work to make good as there is a lot of extra flashing and some of the details will need some help and I will also be adding some metal thrusters so some cutting is required. I plan on trying out a few mods on the main kit so this WIP is probably going to take quite some time.

Some shots of the 3rd party kit for you.

20160120_155059_zpsdqhfyr6p.jpg

20160120_155204_zpsdxxyeewc.jpg

20160120_155236_zpsda7ad1qw.jpg

• Like 1

And her we have the arms that hold the binders on the main body. The top one is the one that comes in the box from Bandai and the other is from 3rd party kit. They are very different in overall size but its the length that bothers me I would like to use the 3rd part arm as it look a much better size for the kit but not sure it will be long enough, I will have to build some more of the kit to find out for sure I think.

20160212_142853_zpsvwt9je5v.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok started a bit of work on this one, I always planned on modding this one a bit but now I`m pushing my modeling limits, this is a bit extreme for me.

The shoulder parts I have just added plate for details and I plan on doing this all over the kit but I also wanted to make Kshatriya a bit taller and a bit wider, so I have made a start on the lower leg parts. I have taken a saw to the inner fame and outer parts and then extended the inner frame using plate by 5mm. This is definitely the scariest thing I have done to a perfectly good Gundam model. Still a long way to go an the let must Im making so progress, hopefully it want look to shabby when finished.

20160219_060725_zpsy6sxguhu.jpg

20160219_180537_zpsydyd3fed.jpg

20160219_215309_zpspiq6ymcq.jpg

20160220_135031_zpsvhob2fp9.jpg

• Like 2

I like to take lots of pictures to try work out how I can change and improve things next time I try them.

20160220_103255_zpstsj5nmhh.jpg

and Im not sure this is the best way to do this or how its going to end up looking but I have joined to 2 separated bits of outer armor from the inside.

20160221_205115_zpse1cvn9rb.jpg

and it turns out looking a bit like this, Im not totally happy with it yet.

20160222_071358_zpslzvsuvjh.jpg

I'm intrigued by the Kshatriya, it looks like it shouldn't work as a design (robot onion with legs? really?) but something about it is really cool.

Look forward to seeing how your mods and third-party bits turn out. The add-on wings look like they're injection moulded plastic rather than resin?

Will

Cheers guy's, Will i always thought of it as a big green robot pepper.....

Always wanted a 1/100 scale but working an resin kit of this size is not something im up for just yet, Bandai keep saying they are going to release a RE 100 Kshatryia but who knows when thats going to happen.

Not much work on the kit just finishing off the spacer for the body, next and arms, making plastic washers takes a lot longer than i thought it would. All good fun though.

A quick mockup to check i have the proportion about right. I have ended up with two 1.5mm spacers on the arms, one each side. A 1.5mm in the neck and 3mm on the waist. With the leg extensions thats makes him 9.5mm taller and 3mm wider. The 3rd party upper leg and longer outer arm armor parts help keep things looking even.

20160226_215522_zps7hmbqd3w.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now on with some reshaping to better fit the Kshatriya. The one of the left is finished and the one on the right I have over sanded the outer edge so its curved, this is going to be tricky to fix and Im not sure how to go about this at the moment. 

20160419_060404_zpstzbcizbr.jpg

I've always had a soft spot for the Kshatriya. It really leaves an impression during its first combat in 0096. I had no idea that there where replacement resin wings for this kit. According to Bandai the re100 kit will be out soon. I think I'll stick with 1/144 on this suit. The 1/100 is just way too big. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see her finished.

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 1

I've always had a soft spot for the Kshatriya. It really leaves an impression during its first combat in 0096. I had no idea that there where replacement resin wings for this kit. According to Bandai the re100 kit will be out soon. I think I'll stick with 1/144 on this suit. The 1/100 is just way too big. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see her finished.

Im really looking forwards to seeing the RE100 Kshatriya, it will be interesting to see what Bandai do with it. The extra binder I have are plastic from an ebay seller. I think they are a plastic cast of an old resin B-Club resin mold.

To keep me interested in the I have started to paint a few parts. So have made my mined up on colours and as I wanted a nice sinister looking Kshatriya Im going for a Black Tristars look.

20160425_063957_zpsawocsbee.jpg

20160425_064055_zpszx7nt9wm.jpg

• Like 2

Well I have sprayed a bit more paint and Im in two minds about it, I really like the colors just not sure I have them in the right combination/areas. I will spray the other leg the same and I will then leave it for few day before doing any more paint to see how it grows on me.

What do you think?

20160428_060903_zpsesug3ibr.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers both, to be honest its definitely growing on me so i have orded some light gray decals for it. If i add a bit of light purple as well, then with the gray decals i think i will have it sussed. Once the body is added it looks very different again, stick with the plan i say....

Apart from the decal change from white to gray.

That's looking brill.

Though I would point out that the RE 100 has never actually been confirmed by Bandai. It was just a teaser image.

Where did you get at AM binders by the way?

The binders are from ebay, these are not from the same seller but the box is the same.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/262396337128