Tupolev TU-154 Interflug 1/100 VEB Plasticart

On my quest on building most of the Interflug fleet,the VEB Plasticart Tu-154 is my most recent addition to the collection of this former East German manufacturer.

I already build one of Plasticarts TU-154 in Aeroflot C/S and despite being an ancient kit it represents this classic Russian airliner quite well,although its of course no match for todays model kits,but I like this kit noetheless.

Fitting is pretty good,which is not a usual habit with Plasticart kits...

The paintscheme that is provided in the box shows the TU-154 in a way she never wore,so I needed to make some corrections to get it as accurate as possible.

The tail decal was cut to the correct shape and the cheatline was airbrushed underneath the windows.

The kits decals had the cheatline running over the windows.

The instructions also say to paint the lower fuselage and the wings in plain silver,probably to get one to use the infamous silverpaint from that silvertube provided in the kit... :mental::winkgrin: .

Research on the net showed that the underside as well as the wings were painted in light grey with the leading edges in silver.

No other changes were made to the kit itself,just some details were highlighted by paint to make her more lively.

Paints used for this build are Tamyia pure white from spraycan,Revell light grey 371,Revell satin red 321,and Testors silver and aluminium and Revell Iron 91 and Humbrol burnt iron not polished.Sealed with Revell Aqua Color gloss from Spraycan.

According to an Interflug website,Interflug never owned the TU-154 but she wore its livery,so this makes her an intereesting subject for display.

Next,and probably the last airliner coming into my Interflug collection will be the IL-62,from VEB Plasticart as well.

But this one will need some modifications to get it to shape,esp. the engines need some attention.But that is another story...

Here some pics of the TU-154.

Cheers,

Alex

Box artwork as she comes

2016-02-11%2012.17.49_zpswihmswjq.jpg

2016-02-11%2010.48.29_zpscnmuzdfe.jpg

2016-02-11%2010.47.55_zpsrhswka4a.jpg

2016-02-11%2010.46.39_zpsgncg6q8x.jpg

2016-02-11%2010.46.12_zps7gyxea19.jpg

2016-02-11%2010.45.22_zpshujgwqv3.jpg

2016-02-11%2010.44.58_zpsy9pjflqa.jpg

2016-02-11%2010.44.11_zpsgm5yjkq4.jpg

2016-02-11%2010.43.39_zpsi1luqybv.jpg

• Like 16

nice work ... good job

Did model survive after cat visit it? LOL

:goodjob:

Thank you.

Yes,the model survived.The cats are always around when I am taking pics.They seem to be very interested in my doings...

Another goody Alex. I've said it before, having built a couple of these Plasticart kits myself, I am in awe of the quality product you always manage to turn out.

( Hello kitty )

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Lovely work. Those old VEB/Plasticart kits are pretty crude but that looks a great replica of the real thing.

David

Thank you David.

Yes,those kits are crude in their execution compared to todays standards,but I like them nonetheless as they are like a timecapsule back behind the iron curtain that shows what they had back in those days.Thas why I try not to make too many corrections on them.

Another goody Alex. I've said it before, having built a couple of these Plasticart kits myself, I am in awe of the quality product you always manage to turn out.

( Hello kitty )

Cheers,

Mike

Thank you Mike.

Just 5 more of those kits to go,then my collection is complete... :weep: They are pretty hard to deal with sometimes but one learns quite a lot about modelling while building each one of those.

Currently working on the IL-62 from Plasticart,among lots of other builds,and that one seems to be a tough one...

nice looking model...

VEB Plasticart were the subject of an article in Jet & Prop a while back that I was reading recently..

the guy behind them went on to do the masters for the large Revell kits BV 222, Condor etc..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...