'Go to' metallic effect?

vontrips

Ok, I hate that term, even though it is succinct. Just wondering what's your current favourite paint products for automotive metallic surfaces?

I'm used to good old Humbrol and Alclad, but there seems to be an ever expanding choice out there for modellers.

Anyone used the old and new products back to back and can make a comparison please?

Are you talking about body colour or engine / chassis / suspension metallics?

For the latter I'l be sticking to Alclad although the Mr. Hobby metallics are also very good for brush painting some details.

Are you talking about body colour or engine / chassis / suspension metallics?

For the latter I'l be sticking to Alclad although the Mr. Hobby metallics are also very good for brush painting some details.

Sorry, I should have more specific Mark...for components. AK Xtreme seems to be getting some good reviews, but mainly from the aircraft guys eg. larger surfaces.

I used a spray paint for RC car bodies from a company called Spaztix on the engine bells on my Eagle Transporter. It's applied over a gloss black base coat and yields a very nice polished aluminum, almost chrome, finish. Covered with candies you could probably get some nice colors out of it.

2yv2v0n.jpg

2sa1j13.jpg

• Like 2