Bandai Imperial Scout Walker AT-ST 1/48

Hey there fellows,...this was a fun build I put together last year,....great model...(I did have some problems with the thinners attacking the plastic though,....but all issues were resolved)

I did some modifications to the legs to give it a bit more accuracy to the gait of the stop-motion (or go-motion) models

AT-ST%20low%202a.jpg

AT-ST%20low%203a.jpg

AT-ST%20low%204a.jpg

AT-ST%20low%205a.jpg

AT-ST%20low%206a.jpg

AT-ST%20low%207a.jpg

AT-ST%20low%208a.jpg

AT-ST%20front%20a.jpg

Rust%209.jpg

Rust%2010.jpg

AT-ST%20front%202a.jpg

AT-ST%20front%203a.jpg

Thanks very much for looking

John

• Like 13

I really really like the modified pose - it looks like you brought the feet closer together to give it that wobbly look the movie models have?

Any tips on doing this?

Thanks!

Will

I think i saw you on the rpf? I lurk on there and remember someone melting a leg and it snapping? Anyhow this turned out nice, these AT-ST's still look really cool, awesome design!

Thanks Bob,.....no with me,...bits cracked and just fell off

Great build, looks really nice dude kudos for persevering through a nightmare situation!

Thanks Hunter Rose,....when the bits fall off,....you just need to glue them back on & fill the joins,....but it is pretty scary to see it fall apart before your eyes

I think the subtle weathering here is very nice.

Thank you Housesparrow,....I think sometimes its hard not to overdo it

looks great, nice job

Thanks batcode

I really really like the modified pose - it looks like you brought the feet closer together to give it that wobbly look the movie models have?

Any tips on doing this?

Thanks!

Will

Thanks Will

I did mods on the legs to allow more stance,...once I was satisfied I glued it to that decided stance

1st mod:

Leg%206.jpg

I cut away the heel tendon that locked the leg into that position & inserted a wee wheel:

wheel%202.jpg

Leg%202.jpg

To make the feet swivel I inserted a rod & socket into the feet:

btnviSp.png?1

& to get the legs to toe in.....(feet closer together) I found images of the Go-motion puppet:Phil%20Tippet%20amp%20AT-ST.jpg

& with help from Julien (Monsieur Tox) from Replica Prop Forum,...who has made a Studio Scale model of the AT-ST using all original parts shared with me an image of the legs of his build:

rotjatst169.jpg

rotjatst184.jpg

Which lead me to this:Bendy%20legs%202.jpg

Bendy%20legs.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

stand%20b.jpg

look fantastic, look like its just come from the film set.

Thank very much,....great compliment

Fantastic job! I really liked this weathering.
Congratulations!

Thank you Zarichta

Thanks for looking

John

Edited by jaitea
  • Like 2

I like your approach to weathering, it's subtle, not at all over-the-top.

Discovering this thread was timely as I ordered this kit yesterday, not that I will commence work on it anytime in the near future, but I bookmarked this thread for future reference.

This also happens to be the second report on cracked plastic on account of thinners (unless I read your work in progress somewhere recently).

Thanks for sharing.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...