Ford GT40 Mk11 P1015.

Borez

So, my GT40 Mk11 which, for me, was a lesson in airbrushing and 2k application.

Ms Borez says it can live in the living room which is saying something really.

Pics.

wavGD7F.jpg

jz4Rd4w.jpg

H0khnr6.jpg

7JBF1nr.jpg

A4C9hVS.jpg

09OA93p.jpg

q0xO0Ap.jpg

There's a few mistakes here and there ( the highlighted window bolts look a bit crap for one, just ordered some clip on magnifiers for my glasses so I can actually see what I'm doing next time ) but I'm generally pleased with the results.

Build thread

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Borez
  • Like 11

That is really, really nice. Thanks for sharing

I did the Black McLaren\Amon one a while back http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234986369-gt40/

That is very nice too. I didn't realise 2k is available in matt and satin too, kinda wish I'd coated it satin now.

Also getting that bodywork to drop over is no easy task either on these kits. I forgot about the rear view mirror on mine but there's no way I'm taking that body back off ;)

Edited by Borez

Now you're ready for the Trumpeter 1/12. Great experience here for that and you can get the stance on the Trumpy to match this with a bit of work.

Sure looks like a nice kit. Maybe I'll give that a go at some point ;)

Also getting that bodywork to drop over is no easy task either on these kits. I forgot about the rear view mirror on mine but there's no way I'm taking that body back off ;)

Yes, I found the body tricky too, don't worry about getting it off again as getting the mirror stuck to the glass is hard anyway!

• Like 1

Great build!

I actually enjoyed mine - I built the black Le Mans winner - and don't recall any body-fit trauma. But then, having the completed model on the desk, particularly if it looks good, has a way of dimming any pain during the process.

• Like 1