1/72 - MiG-21MF/MFN "Fishbed-J" by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released - new boxing

Homebee

17 minutes ago, zoli1989 said:

Hi all,

I just compared RV with those pictures. Wing sprue look to be the same. Fuselage is at least slightly modified and earlier resin parts are injected. Big question is the air intake diameter.

Cheers,

AaCee

It's a debugged RVA kit then: the riveting is strictly the same on the unmodified areas (fin, back of the forward fuselage, etc), wings sprue layout is strictly the same. Nose is fixed, payload is provided. I'm not sure the windscreen framing has been fixed though.

The canopy is the same, more precisely the windscreen with that minute quarterlight. The ejection seat looks as if it is from a 1/100 scale kit.

There is no doubt that the new KP kit has its ancestry in the RV kit. Unfortunately . . . What has changed we will have to see.

The basic problem with the RV kit are the completely faulty scale drawings (published by RV separately in a book) based on which it was originally made. This applies also to the RV MiG-23 kit.

Hopefully will be able to look at the kit (if they have the plastic too and not only the box tops) tomorrow at the Moson show unless I am banned from entering the show premises by organizers (or local Major’s bully-boy’s) after posting couple of pages ago that : “ . . .  I am not sure if I can whole heartedly recommend it (the show) any more . . .triggering an official announcement from the organizers. One single persons (out of millions) opinion is such a big problem for some people!!!!???? Would this be a problem in a democracy??? I don’t think so! So what we have here is something else!? No points for guessing what it is.

Back to the MiG-21 in 72 scale.  Now let’s see what Modelsvit will make of the MiG-21 line of kits. Hope there is a line of kits from them in making. Hope to get a MiG-21F kit from them at the show (as well as the Tu-22 and the Su-17M4). :yahoo:

Best regards

Gabor

Modified RV without a shred of doubt , I have the RV kit and built one too .  The sprue holding wings appears to be a carbon copy of the rv kit .

As far as fit is concerned , it goes together relatively well though putty will be required at most joints as is expected from short run kits .  The surface is festooned with rivets of varying depth and diameter and that appears odd .  Asides from shape correction that they may have done , the only addition I can spot is the inclusion of armaments .   

The canopy is very bad , the frames are way too thick to be even acceptable as evident in the above photo of a built model . 

ps: You can expect the pitot tube to arrive fractured in 4 pieces . Also it doesn't mates very well with the fuselage so it is advisable to attach it before painting .  

Edited by Basuroy

8 hours ago, ICMF said:

Gabor, you made it out alive!  Congratulations!  :lol:

Yee, it wasnt easy! But in the end we made it out but not undamaged.

Actually the new place/sports hall looks OK. All the competing models are in one area. It is another matter that the special fell of the university main hall (where the competition was previously) had a special atmosphere to it and hell of a lot of good natural light as well with its full glass dome roof. Here it is a sports arena which could be anywhere in the world. The university place had its special atmosphere unique to Moson!

When speaking to the vendors it was a completely different story. About 80% of companies were forced into a school building next door to the arena crammed in the hallways and small class rooms. They were not so optimistic to say it mildly.

Parking is nearly impossible and the only place we found was by the road side, just as houndreds of other cars too. We found out only late in the evening when returning to the car that some idiot has damaged it when passing “too close” causing damage to all five side panels. So our stay was extended “a bit” with police coming out to make a crime scene investigation as the perpetrator did not leave any note of accepting the damage caused by him. :wall:

So after all we did not come away that easy! :(

At the old place parking did not present a problem.

Sorry I dont have any photos of the new place (I am sure there will be many on the web), did not feel that I should take out my camera. The only use for it was when making photos of the damage to the car.

Best regards

Gabor

12 hours ago, SeaVenom said:

One thing most MF etc Mig 21 kits get wrong to me is the length of the nose.  Both Eduards and Academy's look too short to me.

Hi,

At least Eduard BIS is correct length but slightly incorrect nose profile. Hopefully they take this issue seriously with the forthcoming 1/72 version.

Also I hope KP takes care of the RV's BIS spine which is quite bad.

Cheers,

AaCee

On 24/04/2017 at 7:56 PM, AaCee26 said:

Hi,

At least Eduard BIS is correct length but slightly incorrect nose profile. Hopefully they take this issue seriously with the forthcoming 1/72 version.

Also I hope KP takes care of the RV's BIS spine which is quite bad.

Cheers,

AaCee

If the latest CADS are anything to go by then I'm not so sure.