Spitfire from a beginner

Well, completely new on here, I purchased 3 kits around christmas and have just (about) got round to completing them with varying degrees of success. My first attempt at aero modelling for 50 years. First up is a Spitfire Mk 22/24 (04704). I didn’t do sufficient research so was fighting a distorted and badly fitting fuselage the whole time but got this out of it. I have since purchased another of this cheaply and am redoing it hopefully with improvements.

Sp02_zpsvds3bvst.jpg

Sp01_zpswpwigxua.jpg

Theres a lot of faults but it was enjoyable and good practice with the airbrush and masking. Supplied undercarriage seems inadequate though.

Mal.

Edited by Kerr65
  • Like 42

Hello,Mal - Welcome to The Forum! :) What a fine start you've made with this splendid looking build of your 'Spitfire'.She really looks the part and you should be deservedly proud of your efforts.All the best,Paul.

Brilliant job and welcome back!

I thought my break of 30 years was a long time :coolio:

Like some other comments the build looks to me like 1/32 scale and the general look of the aircraft plus the 5 blade prop plus the wing armament and removable gun/ammunition panels reminded me straight away of the Matchbox kit I built when I was a lad.

So I'm also guessing it's a Revell rebox of the Matchbox original

Very smart looking build indeed.

Cheers!