1/72 - Gulfstream G550/C-37B/G-550-E-8 J-Stars & Shavit by Amodel & SOVA-M - released

Homebee

Holding the plastic, the images above are correct.  Both front and rear fans are mirrored - just look at the curvature of the blades.   Both parts should be identical.  They even have the same part number on the sprue map but are not identical.

The front fan nearest the main gear on the sprue is correct.  If the BR710 works like other multishaft engines, then the rear fan nearest the nose gear is correct, since it would rotate the same way as the front fan (facing the other direction)

4 hours ago, ho590hm said:

Thanks for the colour detail - although it looks closer to the Presidential dark blue....X164

Just noticed that the decal sheet does not match the box art.  It shows 10065 for the USAF scheme, which is a C-37A, whereas the box is correct with 60500 as a C-37B.

Yes you are correct, I got my light and dark mixed up! 🙂

I have both colours in the paint stock for an AF1 build. I should break out the darker blue and compare it with the Tamiya colour for a test. At the time of the C-32 build I was not aware of the Xtracolour product.

Looking at the sprue layout, it does look like it could be kitted as a CAEW variant in the future. One remains hopeful.

• 1 month later...

21 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

The way the kit is engineered I would expect one sometime down the track.

That's what I'm thinking. I can't be the only one hoping for this.

• 2 weeks later...

If someone has both the Shavit and JSTARS kits would you please compare the noses.  Think the Shavit based on photos of the real aircraft has the pointed nose of the G550 while the proposed JSTARS variant has a newer more rounded nose.  Thanks.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 1:54 AM, Elkin said:

Its a mix up in the pics, the Shavit has the pointed nose and enlarged fin top among other things. Both kits have the relevant parts. 

Now I have both kits I can confirm this :smile:

I also noted the that Shavit specific sprues have G550 Shavit on them while the JSTAR specific sprues have G550 N0100 as per the pictures above. The centre fuselage section has both labels as both kits share those parts.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Is this the same plane they call the Sentinel in the RAF?

regards Toby

No.  The RAF Raytheon Sentinel (see below) is based on the Bombardier Global Express.

spacer.png

The Shavit SEMA (Special Electronic Missions Aircraft) are based upon the Gulfstream G550.

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
16 hours ago, Bell209 said:

Does anyone know how to contact the manufacturer for spares? I bought the C-37 version but want some parts from the Shavit version for my project.

Rob, I am not sure. I know what you are trying to do though :D

I have both JSTARS and Shavit versions and thinking about doing the same and I think you will need parts from both kits if you want to do the MC-55A. Though if I can get away with only using one kit that would be nice.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2020 at 5:34 AM, Robertone139 said:

Yeah I've been begging for that since AModel announced the G550. The sprues appear to indicate that his can be done by switching sprues around. Too bad there's no way to tell Amodel directly.