This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - Gulfstream G550/C-37B by Amodel - released

Posted (edited)

^

Look again at the moulded parts- one rotates clockwise and the other anti-.

20190411-203127.jpg

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

Holding the plastic, the images above are correct.  Both front and rear fans are mirrored - just look at the curvature of the blades.   Both parts should be identical.  They even have the same part number on the sprue map but are not identical.

The front fan nearest the main gear on the sprue is correct.  If the BR710 works like other multishaft engines, then the rear fan nearest the nose gear is correct, since it would rotate the same way as the front fan (facing the other direction)

4 hours ago, ho590hm said:

Thanks for the colour detail - although it looks closer to the Presidential dark blue....X164

Just noticed that the decal sheet does not match the box art.  It shows 10065 for the USAF scheme, which is a C-37A, whereas the box is correct with 60500 as a C-37B.

Yes you are correct, I got my light and dark mixed up! 🙂

I have both colours in the paint stock for an AF1 build. I should break out the darker blue and compare it with the Tamiya colour for a test. At the time of the C-32 build I was not aware of the Xtracolour product.

Looking at the sprue layout, it does look like it could be kitted as a CAEW variant in the future. One remains hopeful.