1/72 - Beriev Be-10 "Mallow" by Amodel - released - dedicated PE set by NH Detail

Homebee

Good point Geoff......but after looking at the Blinder, Be-12 and VVA-14 I was kind of hoping that Modelsvit might do it. It all depends on what advances Amodel have made with their larger model moulding equiment and whether they still opt for the GRP process..

Great to see one at all and if it's IM and anything like their 1/144th kit it'll be extremely nice... all I know is I'll definitely be getting one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unsurprisingly, the Deka vacuforms are being flushed out by their previous owners...

Are sprue pictures out yet?

(Not that it matters, I'm bound to get one anyway. I can hear it calling my naaaame...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got mine on Monday, absolutely beautiful mouldings though of course I have yet to bung it all together. Looks to be as well done as their 1/144th version with the added bonus of the Tushino show red trimmed scheme. The addition of PE parts and a white vinyl masking set make it feel much more like a Modelvit product very similar to the Tu-22, Bartini and Be-12.....

Holy cow, did A-model's quality just jump up a giant notch or are those sprue pics retouched .

Amodel has been incrementally improving their mold quality over the years.

Part of that is that they've obviously got their hands on larger injection molding machines. If they had done this kit a few years ago, I'm pretty sure we would have seen it with fiberglass fuselage and wings and a bunch of smaller injection sprues.

I think its at the limit of their injection moudling capability - size-wise.

Note that the fuselage is in front and rear halves - which will make for an interesting join to fill.

The same was true of Modelsvit's Tu-22KD Blinder fuselage - front and rear halves.........

tu-22_14.jpg

The instructions on both kits just show the front and rear sections being simply butt joined - after assembling them into complete front and rear parts - not the best way of doing things IMHO as there isn't much of a mating surface..

Joining the front and rear fuselage parts together and strengthening the joint before joining the completed left and right halves is the way to go.

AFAIK, Amodel & Modelsvit share the same DNA.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 3

I agree with you there Ken, I'm slowly building the Amodel An-24.. I started it quite a while back and followed the instructions. The join is good, but there is a slight step that's a pain in the arris to get rid of, so once my Be-10 hits the bench I will do it the way you did the Tu-22. All of their kits are like it that are over a certain size, An-8, An-24 range, Tu-134.. luckily the IL-18 family doesn't though.

Beriev%20Be-10N%20and%20K-12BS%20-%20Rus

Ken

What are the chances they would release another with the nose and weapons? I feel I would rather wait and see but I don't know this company's history that well. Seems they do a bit of mold milking with variants?

• Like 2

I believe this missile-carrying Be-10 was only a project, so that might cut down on the chances of seeing one released. Still, Amodel continue to surprise, so we can only hope - it is an interesting variant.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Ken,any chance you'd prop the fuselage and wings together next to a Foxhound or something similar? I'd love to see the size (and whether it would fit in my case).

Cheers!

Any good to you? Kens Deka vacform at last years SMW. Excuse the colour of the first photo, horrible lighting and crap editing..

22768120680_679c416c5a_o.jpg

22564003939_21eb4b6370_o.jpg

• Like 2