1/72 - Dassault Falcon 50 & 50EX by Amodel - released - boxing Falcon 50M by SOVA-M - Mini World upgrade sets

Homebee

Mach 2 isn't good enough for you?

I have actually built the Mach 2 Falcon 20 once. It would be easier to scratchbuild the model than correcting this "kit". :wall:

Nils

• Like 1

Now I wonder why Dave.....thought of you when I saw these announced, slightly odd looking thing with plenty going on at the rear...(the Falcon, not you :coolio: )....

I can't deny that compared to a Gulfstream, a Falcon is sort of a funky-looking plane. But speaking as a pilot nothing flies better. It's like a Fighter plane with plush seating, a lavvie and a drinks cabinet. If they put an arresting hook on it they could have used it as a COD aircraft.

-d-

• Like 4

On 2/12/2016 at 8:17 AM, Homerlovesbeer said:

Man she must guzzle fuel having those 3 donks. 😊

Well, it takes us roughly 30 minutes in a straight -50 to get up to a typical cruising altitude of FL380 the FL 410. Doing so we burn roughly 3000 PPH in the climb. However, once we level off in cruise we set approximately 700-800 PPH and she settles at about Mach .81 to .82.

Rule of thumb is you will burn 5000 pounds of gas in the first 2 hours.

The -50EX/ -50-40 with the -40 engines have about 25% more thrust, so they get to altitude faster, or they can get to a higher altitude with more payload. The name of the game is getting to cruising altitude as fast as you can, so you can start "Making Gas" just so long as you don't let the mach number get too low.

-d-

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Mine arrived today (thanks Hannants). 

As is increasingly usual, Amodel have produced a nicely moulded quality model. Fine engraved panel lines, neat detail and a large parts count.

My kit is the version with winglets however the original wingtips are still included - along with the option to make the more common winglet style and the unusual circular style as seen below

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/13285

Overall, it's a very nice kit and I'll probably get another one.

Nice Amodel, looking forward to the G550.

Jeff 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...