Airfix Lynx HAS.3

Come join the party - we have candy...spinners..... :-)

So, finally started to clear a little space on the desk, allowing me to make a start on this build. So first up, the obligatory box shot.

A2A666EE-13D5-4238-8758-17AD1767044C_zps

964E7BF9-6D11-46B0-BB8C-F5B1F1EA2D9B_zps

Considering the age of the kit, it's fairly refined with a little flash here and there, though ejector marks are obvious. Managed a little work before I went out last night as well.

F0CF90BF-F802-4CB2-9DC7-B2CF23850E40_zps

Hopefully this will be a nice smooth build!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So finally a chance to sit down and do some honest to goodness modelling. Gotta love a fortnight off work!

Reading ahead in the destructions, I built and cleaned up the two aerial torpedos this baby will be toting, and promptly attached them to their carrier. Bit of a fail really as the fish are meant to be white while the rest is EDSG. I feel masking will be required...

Today, in conjunction with some other bits and bobs, I've almost managed to finish the internal gubbins ready for sewing up the fuselage. You can tell the age of this kit by some of construction results you get...

0056A824-EEB0-412C-A833-96E52BF86EE9_zps

Top of the range fit you see there... Suffice to say, the crosspieces were trimmed and the benches placed appropriately on the shop floor. One blast of primer and a flick of a brush later and here we are. Yes the image is unfortunately dark.

23B3BD6E-BF77-4D81-9050-3D42AB70A4F7_zps

Just a dab of paint here and there and Bill and Ben will be seated in their chopper ready to soar away.

Go on, who'll be first to tell me something's not right ;-)

• Like 1

I've got no idea on accuracy, or otherwise, but this looks like it will be a very nice build of a classic Airfix kit. It's great that you are including Bill and Ben too :)

Cliff

• 2 months later...