1/72 Revell F4U-1A Corsair - tastylicious

Going to be doing this kit vanilla, in the Bougainville 1944 livery as plopped in the box - will do this one before my Westland....and after my Matilda can't do two kits at same time!!

WP_20160208_19_15_01_Pro_zpsswzj7bp7.jpg

• Like 7

Me too K - will be more an experiment in how I airbrush a wingthing :-)

I`ve built a couple of these and it ain`t no shake and bake,.....make sure you have plenty of filler! My two are here;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234990214-172nd-british-corsairs-x-3-academy-and-new-revell/?hl=corsair

and to make the opened cowling flaps look a bit better I cropped them and filled the gaps inbetween, but they still look toy like,

Good luck with yours,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Cheers for the heads up Tony.....

Yours look amazing - mine won't be to that standard :-)

• Like 1

And so it begins....with the office....

Though, not too keen on the plastic - brittle - already broke my waggly stick!!!

s1_zpswdkndtsf.jpg

• Like 4

This will be the test Pat - wavy lines and soft edges.....errr.....fingers crossed!! :-)

• Like 1

This will be the test Pat - wavy lines and soft edges.....errr.....fingers crossed!! :-)

That's easy have a couple of beers first, that should provide the wavy lines, then leave your glasses off to provide the blurred edges, simples !

• Like 1

Really small update - hopefully more later - after perving at women at the gym....errr, working out I mean....

s2_zpsfhr6zc9e.jpg

• Like 2

After perving......gymming......I done and went and gone and did some stuff......

s3_zpstyihvyfl.jpg

• Like 2

Okay, things going fairly well - even with the filler I will need for various bits and the alarming thigh gap problem the RHS wing has.....

WP_20160221_14_16_12_Pro_zpsmu98pr5h.jpg

THEN! THEN, I say.....I went to fit the rear stubbies on - and, they are BOTH the LHS ones - WTH!?!? See pic - now what do I do - is this a kit problem or has something gone astray in the mould!

WP_20160221_14_16_29_Pro_zpsyitfeivy.jpg

A

h, maybe it's me - just had a look online at other models - and they all seem to have this as well - is it supposed to be like that?? Confused now!

Ah!! Have emailed Revell - let's see what they say!! :-)

Right, this bugger is going on the shelf of doom - 3 broken, brittle bits now - had enough of it - a bit annoyed with this kit!!! Ho Hum - going to concentrate on the Heli instead - may come back to this - or may burn it :-)

Hi K,

Part of the cowling, aileron and prop - was surprised this kit was so bad as it's a 2014 new tool!! No others - hacked off to be honest, jut going to start something else before the mojo goes haha!!

I`ve built a couple of these and it ain`t no shake and bake,.....make sure you have plenty of filler! My two are here;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234990214-172nd-british-corsairs-x-3-academy-and-new-revell/?hl=corsair

and to make the opened cowling flaps look a bit better I cropped them and filled the gaps inbetween, but they still look toy like,

Good luck with yours,

Cheers

Tony

Sorry to hear that the kit beat you,.....I did try to warn you! I totally agree that as a new tool this kit is extremely disappointing and poorly done!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1