1:72 Westland Sea King HC.4 - Airfix - Cancelled! Sorry guys.

paganpete

Sadly due to a (great) new job within the NHS, I am finding myself with no time whatsoever to model - so busy, and just catching up on sleep when I am off! I am going to have to withdraw my entry into this GB - but I will be watching everyone elses, with interest.

I think I am going to sell this kit and the special decals too or it will just be stuck unused in my draw of doom - kit unstarted, just washed the sprues - if anyone interested, send me a message :-)

Good luck all!!

My entry is going to be the lovely, shiny, new Airfix Sea King Commando - in the Egyptian Air Force scheme of the mid 80's - courtesy of Xtradecal!! So looking forward to this - deffo a slow and steady build!!

WP_20160208_19_10_37_Pro_zpshhcygzzg.jpg

WP_20160208_19_10_52_Pro_zpswpzdbgtg.jpg

• Like 2

Hmm....just noticed the decals - the Arabic is 721 not 471...oh well, this will be number 721 :-)

You got me green with envy. I should have had two in hand courtecy of a good BM'er however my family did their uopmost to deny me the pleaseure. I'll just have to wait!!!

Being an ex Junglie, I'll follow your build with great interest.

Colin

• Like 1

Cheers guys, going to take my time with this one (will build my Corsair first) - make sure I do it justice, I may do a few of these in future, depending on how this goes; the decals sheets are excellent from Xtradecals (apart from their arabic numbering cockup) - 13 variants of decal for less than a tenner - tally ho!! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Cancelled - please see first post :-)