Saab Tunnan Aux. Fuel Tanks 1:48

Saab Tunnan Aux. Fuel Tanks
1:48 Pilot Replicas

boxtop.jpg

Another of the aftermarket upgrades for the lovely new Pilot Replicas kit that comes straight from the manufacturers, and ensures a good fit (see my review of the pilot here) is this set of resin gas-bags for the little Barrel. They arrive in a small ziplok bag on two casting blocks that are easy to remove, as I found out the other day when I did just that. I'm building the kit at the moment, which you can have a look at here if you're interested.

sprue1.jpg

Casting is excellent, and the details have been captured well, including the narrow waist and the copious rivets over the rear end. The pylons are integral to the casting, and have two pins for attachment to the underwing hard-points, which match up perfectly with the kit. Give them a wash in warm soapy water to remove any residual mould-release agent, and they should be good to go. They also add a little weight forward of the centreline that will help keep the nose wheel planted on the ground. A small instruction sheet shows the correct orientation of the tanks, as they are handed, with their filler-caps on the outboard side.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of
logo.gif

• Like 1