Tamiya birdcage Corsair.

Hi folk,s,as mentioned in chat I have had this kit for about six years and the box has long gone and I 'm ashamed to say all

the sprues and parts were thrown in a larger box with a few other kit's but everything has been found so I,m in with it! I had

the pleasure of seeing one of these beast's in flight up at East Fortune a few years back and what a beautiful noise that big

Radial made!See you soon with a start.

• Like 4

Hi Steve,

good show and I assume this is the 1/48 Tamiya kit?

It will sure be interesting to follow your WIP, that you should finish in a couple of days!!!

Have fun

JR

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

good show and I assume this is the 1/48 Tamiya kit?

It will sure be interesting to follow your WIP, that you should finish in a couple of days!!!

Have fun

JR

Thank's Jean I,ll try to slow it down I have a Hurricane starting in the STGB and an off camera build of Eduard's Airacobra and that's just my

aircraft projects so all in 1/48 including this one!

• Like 1

Well we're off! I,m a couple of bit's missing nothing I can't scratchbuild but that's later in the build so for now the cockpit is where I,m at.The parts

were off the sprue so assembly was quick I had interior green in the brush yesterday so sprayed them and the fuselage interiors,this morning I

detailed the panels and dials(thank God for cocktail sticks) and cobbled a harness from masking tape and dry brushed the whole assembly.That's

it for a few day's thanks for popping in.

DSCN0780%20640x480_zpsl27c0azs.jpg

DSCN0783%20640x480_zpswycspyww.jpg

DSCN0785%20640x480_zpsyefiobfh.jpg

Next job will be dropping some clear gloss into the clock faces and a wash into the panels etc.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7

Wow, speedy, and very nice work

Tamiya corsairs really do fall together don't they...

K

Thank,s K they do and what a beautiful fit too,I joined the fuselage up and the insert behind the cockpit "clicked" in no filler at all.

Good work on the cockpit. What about those cocktail sticks? How do you use them? TIA.

Just handy for picking out details such as switches and dials etc Roberto with their sharp pointed ends.

• Like 1

A bonus session this morning as the missus is having a lie in! fuselage joined and what little there was to clean up easily dealt with,it's been a

good while since I built a Tamiya kit and I,ve forgot what a pleasure they are I have a Beaufighter,Mosquito and Skyray in the cupboard they

are definitely in the frame for building this year.

DSCN0791%20640x480_zpsxyfimbs5.jpg

• Like 4

Hi all not a lot of modeling time over the weekend visiting family etc but plodding away at a couple of builds this being one,I found the missing

parts for the flaps so everything has now been found fitted the wings in the flight position bit disappointed with the fit for a Tamiya kit but a little

sanding and flexi filler and you wouldn't know,here she is primed.Many thank's for looking in.

DSCN0792%20640x480_zpsy9cqs8vd.jpg

DSCN0794%20640x480_zpsorwhjzca.jpg

• Like 6

Hi all, tiny bit more done on this build I sprayed the engine cylinders dark gray,highlighted with a dry brush of aluminium and fixed the cowl in place

with the open gill option then a quick brush of primer, so thought,s are turning to the final colour's but there are a lot of typical Tamiya beautiful parts

for the wheels,U/C etc to do before that.

DSCN0798%20640x530_zpsfdvlvote.jpg

• Like 4

Evening all,a bit more progress: I have sprayed the main colours on the airframe and painted the wheel wells etc,not the best light for photos but

hope you can make out the demarcation on the under surfaces between the blue/gray and light gray along the line of the wingfold,thank's for popping

in on the build.

DSCN0814%20640x500_zpsx95vnsta.jpg

DSCN0818%20640x480_zpsdrn3t0dk.jpg

And thank's to John I managed to fill the footstep without screwing the paintwork!

• Like 4

I have this in my unbuilt stack... Since I'm battling a wwi two winged thing, I need something a little less stressful. Your build is inspiring me to get the box out...

Great job so far Steve !!

Ray

• Like 1

I have this in my unbuilt stack... Since I'm battling a wwi two winged thing, I need something a little less stressful. Your build is inspiring me to get the box out...

Great job so far Steve !!

Ray

Go for it Ray,It's a beautiful stress free build and flies together!

Morning folk,s here's the last few sessions progress on this one,I,ve painted the wheel's and hubs once fitted I will run a wash into the detail.

DSCN0826%20640x480_zps2qgduma4.jpg

Starting the weathering process with a wash into the panel lines and this is an area Tamiya do so well.

DSCN0827%20640x480_zpsmoorpbcg.jpg

And the landing gear painted dull aluminium and fixed into place now left to dry till tomorrow.

DSCN0830%20640x480_zpsfabzimcq.jpg

Many thank's for popping along.

• Like 5

Quick update folk's,she's up on her legs after a night to dry so I got the first stage of the weathering finished with a panel wash now I need to

repeat the process underneath.

DSCN0835_zpselacdhyy.jpg

• Like 7