Focke Achgelis 223E-0 Drache, Special Hobby 1/48

pabbi

• 3 weeks later...

Hope it goes together equally well

Not expecting that it will Cliff, will be happy if I can somehow finish, and not in anger throw it one day in the bin :boom:

Made a start today with the cockpit (cage), after gluing it together I reinforced it with super-glue. The instructions gives you a clue where the pieces go together :)

IMG_9423.jpg

IMG_9424.jpg

IMG_9425.jpg

• Like 6

That looks complex!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I like this .....looking very good .....

Good details ......as well.....must find me one for myself...........this machine is weird as it gets....in my book.........and I love it

Hope to see yr progress............

rgds

mr b

Thanks for comments guys, hope I will be able to finish it for my collection, my 2 finished are....

a6.jpg

5-1.jpg

Using tape to shape the glass house. Super-glue used for upper glass and Gator-glue for lower.

A lot of super-glue used for joining the 2 fuselages.

I will buy mask for glass-house later if I manage to put the Drache together

IMG_9442.jpg

IMG_9443.jpg

IMG_9444.jpg

IMG_9445.jpg

IMG_9446.jpg

IMG_9447.jpg

IMG_9448.jpg

• Like 3

Large holes drilled to adjust because of poor fit, filled with super glue, adjusted and then accelerator

50% more weight needed not sure if I will open a window to put it in ?

IMG_9455.jpg

IMG_9456.jpg

IMG_9457.jpg

IMG_9458.jpg

• Like 4

Good progress! Out of interest, just how strong, or otherwise, is the front to rear fuselage joint? I ask this as it is the one thing that has put me off building my kit of this subject.

Martin

Bad news about the extra weight requirement, could Liquid Gravity be poured in some where?

Maybe but I think I will open a window and put in a fishing weight

Good progress! Out of interest, just how strong, or otherwise, is the front to rear fuselage joint? I ask this as it is the one thing that has put me off building my kit of this subject.

Martin

Me being clumsy I dropped the model once, the fuselages did not brake but the Horizontal Stabilizer broke. I think it is strong enough. After gluing I put some super glue to rear fuselage points, on the front fuselage only super glue and not sparingly :)

• Like 1