HV-N. "Liberty Belle", maybe more.

Hopefully this will drag me out of the doldrums.

1:72 Tamiya Razorback.

Everybody knows what the box looks like so I won't post a photo of that.

Must be 5 years or more since I did anything in 1:72 so I've made a start blocking out the cockpit etc.

I've also pulled out a Tamiya1:48th D-25 and as I paint the razorback I'm making a start on that too.

Razorback will be "Liberty Belle" of the 61st FS, 56th FG and I'm planning on the bubbletop being "Anamosa 2" of the 63rd FS.

• Like 1

Hi Nige

Good to see you joining in. Are them the decals from your book? I've got my copy of that sat here and I quite fancy doing that myself at some point. I'm just finishing off several kits and then I'm thinking of doing 'the Trojan Warhorse' for this GB.

thanks

Mike

Welcome aboard, nice to have you along and hopefully get your Mojo back.

You're right about not needing any photos of you model choice, between the 1/72nd and 1/48th versions they'd have to be the most popular model in this GB. They're almost a perfect model, just the sort of thing to help re-kick starting the modelling Mojo.

Well good luck with you build(s), I hope it's a nice pleasant build and look forward to seeing her completed in the gallery.

Thanks Rich.

Chances are I won't get finished during the span of the group build but now the house move is complete and I have a dedicated man cave again I'm trying to get some bench time in every evening, even if it's only 20 minutes or so.

Hi Mike,

Yes, Liberty Belle decals are from one of my books on the 56th FG. I already used some of the 1:48th ones on my P-47C which is almost finished.

As you'd expect from Cartograph decals they behaved superbly.

Some progress as much to share.

Building 2 kits together is working well at these early stages.

1:72 and 1:48th cockpits blocked out.

image_zpsczdi1svi.jpg

image_zpsinmjgcbv.jpg

Even got this old hanger queen up to the panel line wash stage so there's hope of getting something finished yet!

image_zpswtg8byo4.jpg

Edited by lampie
  • Like 1

Both cockpits painted and waiting for the matt varnish to dry.

Last job before assembly will be a drop of Klear in the instruments to simulate glass and then I can get the cockpits together.

I've already built the wings etc so hopefully by close of play tonight I'll have two complete airframes ready.

image_zpsya9vdhay.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is looking very nice indeed. I like those markings I may have to see about getting them ,another one for the long list of Thunderbolts I would like to do.

Cheers Allan

Cheers Allan

The decals are included with mine and Peter Randalls book, and its the first time "Liberty Belle" has been decalled.

They are in 1:72, 1:48th and 1:32. Bargain :)

It's available by following the link, and all profits go towards running the 56th FG Museum at Halesworth.

http://www.56thfightergroup.co.uk/bookshop.htm

• 2 weeks later...

She's very nicely done, nothing to be ashamed of at all she looks great in the photos so well done!!

Well I hope you enjoyed the build and am glad it helped to blow out those modelling cobwebs. It was a pleasure to have you aboard for this GB and look forward to seeing you in future GB's.