Blackbird Avro Manchester Diorama L7381 "A Fateful Cookie"

Superb model of an often overlooked aircraft! The model, diorama and backstory give perspective to the history of the mostly young men who gave themselves to the struggle to overthrow tyranny, both in the air and on the ground, so many years ago.

This brings it closer to us as only a great storyteller can, whether they use words or plastic and glue!

Again, superb!!

Edited by DennisTheBear

• 6 months later...

The work here is excellent. Poignant subject well executed,

The Manchester is an odd bird, looks smaller than the Lancaster somehow yet I know it isn't.  Must be the 2 engines.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil

Sorry I missed this the first time round, stunning simply stunning.

When you decide to teach us lesser mortals about weathering etc, put me down first on the list for a front seat

cheers Pat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woody37 said:

I'll upload to Flickr this weekend and relink them, ruddy inconsiderate pests! My offline comment isn't as polite!

I'll look forward to that Woody - the suspense is killing me. :frantic:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woody37 said:

Now copied over to Flickr :)

Thanks for copying it over. It's my first view. What a superb build all round. Can I ask where the ground crew figures came from? I am planning a similar diorama based on the Lancaster my father flew in but I think I need a lot more practice after seeing your stunning work.:worthy:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Thanks for copying it over. It's my first view. What a superb build all round. Can I ask where the ground crew figures came from? I am planning a similar diorama based on the Lancaster my father flew in but I think I need a lot more practice after seeing your stunning work.:worthy:

I think they are from a Revell ground crew set Vinnie,

cheers