Blackbird Avro Manchester Diorama L7381 "A Fateful Cookie"

When I saw this I thought it was about full fat biscuits !......oh well the model will have to do.

Superb job Neil, nice to see a diorama done for a change. Glad the book came in handy....if I can prise it off you I might well have a bash at a 1/48th blighter......look forward to seeing it on the table at Huddy...

• Like 1

When I saw this I thought it was about full fat biscuits !......oh well the model will have to do.

Superb job Neil, nice to see a diorama done for a change. Glad the book came in handy....if I can prise it off you I might well have a bash at a 1/48th blighter......look forward to seeing it on the table at Huddy...

I'll hand it back to its rightful owner at Huddersfield young Andy, albeit somewhat reluctantly! If you're going to crack on with that 1/48, I hope you are considering getting some resin copies done? I have a Tamiya kit here that doesn't know whether it should have two or four engines yet!

Superb in every way Neil!

I missed out on the WIP, but I'm so glad that I've now seen this.

From the start of reading the background story to looking at the photos and then going back to reading through the WIP, I have been totally absorbed. The story is obviously a sad one, but the title of the diorama is just so perfect. How do Diorama builders choose such fitting titles for their work? I'd just call it "Avro Manchester Loading Up" or something equally as dull.

If this does not pick up medals and awards then I don't know what will.

• Like 1

Ha, yep got a couple of Tamiya's sat here ready for the chop. Seriously thinking about mastering up a couple of engines and let Rob have at em.........(if I can get him away from the recording studio long enough...damn rock stars !)

These rock stars, they're so easily distracted from the important things!!

Superb in every way Neil!

I missed out on the WIP, but I'm so glad that I've now seen this.

From the start of reading the background story to looking at the photos and then going back to reading through the WIP, I have been totally absorbed. The story is obviously a sad one, but the title of the diorama is just so perfect. How do Diorama builders choose such fitting titles for their work? I'd just call it "Avro Manchester Loading Up" or something equally as dull.

If this does not pick up medals and awards then I don't know what will.

Cheers Mark. I'm not really in the 'diorama builder' category, a dip into the other BM sections gives some quick reality to that, but it's nice now and again to add some scaling to a build :)

Hi Neil, I'd just like to say this is simply fantastic. I've seen some great models here over the years, some of them yours

in fact, but this is probably the best yet. I also love seeing models in a setting of some sort, and reckon you've got this

spot on. Enough to convey the story, not too much to clog up the whole scene.

Thanks to the background story, it just adds to the whole piece... well done ,

Sean

• Like 1

Echo the above. Beautiful result! Great execution and love the attention to detail. Why, you've even angled the steering on the tractor! So often the steering is left dead straight when the unit is displayed angled which always looks so wrong! Brilliant.

ATB
Rick

• Like 1

• 2 months later...