Omani Hawker Hunters

swimmer

Howdy folks,

Does anyone here have detailed pictures of the AIM-9 pylon and rail that was fitted to the Sultan of Oman Air Force Hawker Hunters at the end of their life cycle?

I want to build one in the two tone grey but only have distant pictures of those missile rails.

Thanky and regards

Wally

Hi,

I am currently working on a Omani Hunter in 1/72 which I hope to finish soon so that I can post it here. I have also scratchbuilt these pylons based on the photos I could find and assuming that the position on the wing (not the pylon itself) is the same as on the Swiss Hunters. If you are looking for close photos of the pylon, you might also try to look for Singaporean Hunters (for example on Airliners.net). I am pretty sure that the Omani Hunters were upgraded in Singapore and that the modifications are at least related to those done by Singapore Aerospace on the Singaporean Hunters.

For the rail I take the one supplied in the Revell Hunter F.6 (which is for a AIM-9b, but I think it is acceptable), and for the AIM-9P (?) used by Oman I use Eduards AIM-9J.

Here are some photos of my quick-and-dirty approach:

IMG_0013_zpsq9guykmj.jpg

IMG_0017_zpsdpayx7sz.jpg

IMG_0022_zpsdqy24es2.jpg

Edited by Doc72
  • Like 1