I couldn't stop adding to it! Boeing 737 with enhancements. Airfix 1:144

Amazing! Very inspirational! Thats what`s the difference makes to "normal" models, wich are photographed on mother`s wooden kitchentable. :shutup:

You made a fantastic job! Unbelievable that this is 1/144 . This superb busy scene with all these details put`s a smile in my face!

Andy

• Like 1

Hello,John - Once again,you've waved your magic modelling wand and created this magnificent build and display.Inspirational and a reminder perhaps of a time when it was more of a pleasure to fly than in today's troubled times.All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Wow, this got some reaction! thank you all for the kind comments, it is much appreciated.

Something to be proud of there to be sure.

Any more details on how you did the vehicles?

Ragtag, I can add a little bit but didn't take many pictures as I went.
The luggage belt loader was made by eye, with reference to what pictures I could find of them on the net. The first thing I had to solve was the wheels, which I did with a set of Evergreen rod and tube. 1 rod for the axle, a section of tube on it for the hub, and the next size up of tube for the tyre, set to overhang the hub slightly.

I get if from Hattons as they are not too far from me.

ae16_zpsfnaczxgb.jpgae17_zpson1jd6gj.jpg

The body and conveyor belt are just sheet styrene, and the steering wheel is a bit of fine wire wrapped around a micro drill. The headlights are 'Reheat' 1:48 instrument bezels. I made it too long, as shown above. It looked massive parked against the 737, so I chopped it off in front of the rear wheel arch, filed in some new arches and stuck the rear plate back on. So the finished one is much shorter and looks more sensible.

A quick word on the engines. The kit ones are too short and have the early skinny pylons. I lengthened mine and fattened the pylons like this;

Engine3_zpsvtvpxit2.jpg

Engine4_zpsqriftvrh.jpg

The idea all started with this picture on Airliners.net;
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Europe/Boeing-737-2S3-Adv/1205012/L/&sid=92fe28b432cc6ef23367ac1fbc5d8004

[Edit] The other stuff came from;

Airstairs

Lugagge trolleys

Decals

[/edit]

The rear airstairs are from the Airfix Comet, and just happen to be a perfect fit on a 737!

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 2

You're up to page 3 in just three days, that says something!

One of the very best airliner models I've ever seen here. Beautiful work!

That really is absolutely stunning John. It's not often I'm lost for words but I can't think of any superlatives which haven't been used several times already.

I'm delighted that my very small contribution of a spare Daco clear cockpit and associated decal have been put to such excellent use! :)

Dave (totally awestruck)