Hi guys,

Thought I would get some photos up of the Mach2 Argosy. It won't be a full on WIP, just little updates from time to time.

Booms just pushed on for photo.

24690529121_9ff1f8dfef_c.jpg

24690543831_43bcb993d5_c.jpg

and where it's at now, that centre wing section has been a PITA & will need a rescribe, but other than that it's been an OK build. My weakness has always been building 'neat' and finishing seams off perfectly.... but this time round it's looking a lot better...

24824876555_368317ea18_c.jpg

More, soon....................

:)

• Like 17

You are doing a great job on this one,...keep up the great work.

I was told that the Argosy included the wings from a Lincoln/Shackleton and that the tail booms were based on the fuselage of the Meteor,.....I`m not sure whther this is true or just a myth however?

Which scheme have you chosen?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Brilliant great seeing this mate. Beautiful aircraft :)

Thanks Rob... Are you at Huddersfield soon?

I'm tempted to get one of these as I did my multi- engine ground run training on one.

Duncan B

Go for it Duncan :winkgrin:

You are doing a great job on this one,...keep up the great work.

I was told that the Argosy included the wings from a Lincoln/Shackleton and that the tail booms were based on the fuselage of the Meteor,.....I`m not sure whther this is true or just a myth however?

Which scheme have you chosen?

Cheers

Tony

You'll have to wait and see the scheme as I don't know! :)

Haven't you got a monster vac going on?

Nice job on a typically British plane (from someone who loves typically British planes).

Cheers,

S.

I have the Martin Mars (Combat Models) on the go that's progressing nicely.. hoping to close the fuse up this weekend. Thanks too!

• Like 2

I have the Martin Mars (Combat Models) on the go that's progressing nicely.. hoping to close the fuse up this weekend. Thanks too!

I know, I just want to see progress on that beast!

Cheers,

S.

The Civies called it the Whistling Wheelbarrow.

The RAF called it the Whistling T** on account of the radome protruding from the front of the nose (typical RAF eh ;) ).

I remember seeing one at an airshow in about 1973 or '74 dropping a Land Rover on an MSP. Unfortunately only one of the 3 parachutes deployed resulting in a very sick Landy. It didn't half make a powerful big BANG when it hit!

Radleigh, have you seen this site ?

• Like 4

Nice to see that Mach 2 have released a kit that's buildable, and you're doing a fine job of it. Keep on going! :)

Did I say buildable? :)

Looks pretty good so far Radders

Whistling T**?

So delicate those nicknames huh ;)

Thanks mate :)

The Civies called it the Whistling Wheelbarrow.

The RAF called it the Whistling T** on account of the radome protruding from the front of the nose (typical RAF eh ;) ).

I remember seeing one at an airshow in about 1973 or '74 dropping a Land Rover on an MSP. Unfortunately only one of the 3 parachutes deployed resulting in a very sick Landy. It didn't half make a powerful big BANG when it hit!

Radleigh, have you seen this site ?

Thank you, Yes that was my first port of call when I got the kit... very useful!

You're on a roll this year Radders, looking forwards to this one, great progress so far :)

Thanks Neil... :) I now have my own 'den' in a converted garage... It's very handy and I'm doing work most nights now... Having a bad back has it's benefits as I can't sleep, and laying down does me no favours so a few hours in here works a treat. It's a little cluttered, I'm just in the middle of making a new shelving thingy for paint & tools etc.

286tnco.jpg

21n3411.jpg

My god that's a funny looking thing, and to think I remember those as a kid at Heathrow scary. Nice job so far Radleigh what are you doing her as an RAF or Civil scheme.

Clive

Thanks Clive, would of loved to have seen one fly...... It'll be RAF, but not sure which.

Oh yes you blimmin' well can! And that's swearing!

Will this one be the wheelbarrow or the t**?

It'll be a :whistle: 'tit...

• Like 4

Thanks chaps, Neil.. It's great having somewhere to work... really getting on with a few builds now.

Little update, I've finally got the top seam sorted, it's taken forever and it was one of them "What am I doing wrong" moments that just kept dragging on.... To solve the issue I dug out the seam with chisels & a 10A blade, then filled with superglue a few times. Once dried, brushing on Mr.Surfacer and then sanding smooth....

I've brushed on some Humbrol Enamel to check for imperfections and it looks spot on close up.

Few photos...

24358383204_cab8500c8c_c.jpg

24693476290_2434d02c0e_c.jpg

24916491601_b470984256_c.jpg

24642753139_4eb6838775_c.jpg

• Like 5

That seam is going to be fine now I think.

Martin

I hope so too, seams aren't my strongest point, but with Mach2 I find them a lot worse..

Wow, some serious surgery to fix the seam, I find superglue to be the best method, hope yours does too

Hopefully, time will tell :)

Soon find out when you sand the paint off it, (gently of course) ;)

It does look pretty well sorted now though

The Argosy seems determined to keep you at the limit dunnit

You're a braver man than me

See you Sunday?