Hurricane tin wing.....again

rob85

So I have progress!

My wife is with my in laws, last week we had her brothers (2nd) wedding (don't worry he legally binned off the first one before getting the 2nd! ) so this means here sister is over from Paris, lovely lady just a bit nutty! But arn't we all..... any way she is over there chatting here back side off not doubt.

Last night I managed to get the landing gear and prop sorted

25977810294_c524725354_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26556809366_1d529854d8_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

This needed some touch ups and a matt coat.... which I did! But I forgot to take pictures, oops.... and to make matters worse I then got stuck into it tonight and have get the exhusts finished and attached as well as weathered the bugger with chalk pastels! I do have pictures of the end result but again forgot to take any in progress shots.... sorry

26535709081_248e05c0ec_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26328114540_d38e2f02e7_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26508415382_355115b410_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

25998297233_eec08f81c9_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26508430382_7180457b91_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26535718411_48a285add7_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Yes I knocked the tail wheel of... why did I fit it! Why? I have build 5 hurricanes, 5! All have their tail wheel wither fix or missing.... I think it's called not learning from your mistakes.

Any way, the chipping was done with tamiya flat aluminium. Then I used different shades of blue pastels to weather the paint and then a dust of three sand colours in the direction of travel to give it the malta look ☺ on the under side she had oil staining and general mud and sand weathering to get the used look. Over all its brought out he roundels more and looks much heavier in the photos than in real life.... odd, must be the way the camera picks up the blue. Sorry, exhusts were first dark brown and charcoal with a peach and white run through it for the lead look.....very big this season.

I need to find my craft knife to mask the canopy and then once that is done and the ariel on I am Done really

Rob

Edited by rob85
  • Like 6

Looking very good Rob! The weathering has gone on well. The tail wheel is always one of the last things I fit on aircraft builds - I would continually knock it off otherwise.

• Like 1

So this is now being called done!

Canopy was masked (I had delayed this as i could not find my craft knife, it was in need of a replacement anyway thought I, but on looking through my wife's old art stuff I find a very nice craft knife with 5 extra blade all brand new! She lied to my face when I asked if she knew where one was! )

Tamiya tape and a new craft knife in hand I set about the masking. I should start buying masked I feel, not only did I cut the tape I also shredded my fingers.... this really is a very sharp knife!

Here she is masked and with paint on

26019113693_007fe87cda_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

She looks like she is wearing a cool set of sun glasses

After that she had the ariel and tail wheel (re) attached, matt coat over the canopy then the masks removed.... this is her complete in my eye! Please let me know you thoughts or if there is anything I could improve

26529365262_08ba4cc9bf_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26556642681_874e051ce8_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26556659081_a713cc2520_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26529394182_d6ae4f0e77_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26596121166_0338603eb6_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26016527274_a1f1740815_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26622073835_275e95193a_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26596090276_7863d5e205_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

26348861670_5ee2f009c9_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

So that's her, please let me know your thoughts!

So after this build I have a clear bench... polished off the spits at the star if the year and have since completed the corsair, Thunderbolt, my churchill covered in bed sheets and now this! So now I have to get myself ready to crack on with the hellcat and my first shot at etch , there may also be another cheeky guest radial but we will need to see.

Thank you to you all for all your help and encouragement through this build, it's really appreciated! Especially Mr Tony O'toole, as ever sir a very big help!

Rob

• Like 4

Good monring Rob

The Force of modelling is strong in your familly :wow: your daughter and you can be proud of the Mossie and the Hurricane you have built ..

Patrice

Thank you Patrice, very much appreciated! I will show my little girl the comment as she likes to read them, she will also find the Star Wars reference very funny as she is quite into that at the mo!

Cheers

Rob

Thank you Patrice, very much appreciated! I will show my little girl the comment as she likes to read them, she will also find the Star Wars reference very funny as she is quite into that at the mo!

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

I have a young Jedi he's 12 years old I have tried to give him the virus of modelling but after building a Typhoon , a Mustang and 2 or 3 models of that kind with him during the last 2 years now he is more interested by computer games and of course he is a great fan of the Star Wars Saga ..

Patrice

• Like 1