Airfix 1/72 Eurofighter Typhoon

Hi all,

I don't normally do jets but this is simply the Airfix Eurofighter Typhoon everyone knows and has seen a million times before probably.

Built OOB finished with Humbrol and I can guarantee every single decal and stencil was applied which took forever and nearly drove me mad!

Here's the pics

IMG_6627_zpsg3cgkwke.jpg

IMG_6628_zpsolgjg7ch.jpg

IMG_6629_zpsvs7zbg4z.jpg

IMG_6630_zpsouknpgcy.jpg

IMG_6631_zpsy6bytxzt.jpg

IMG_6632_zpszabvhdcj.jpg

IMG_6634_zpso2fulmbo.jpg

IMG_6636_zpsxn1dhxfu.jpg

IMG_6637_zpsiwb3jn18.jpg

Thanks for checking it out

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 18

Very nice Winenut, every bit as good as your F-18 Hornet!! I like the way you've done your pre-shading, a lot of people either allow it to show through too much in which case it looks very odd or they spray too much of the finish colour over the top so that the pre-shading can't even be seen - which then makes it all a bit pointless doing the pre-shading in the first place?!

Yours is perfectly executed, subtle and nice, well done!! :coolio::thumbsup:

Kev :)

Edited by Mr Modeller

Very nice Winenut, every bit as good as your F-18 Hornet!! I like the way you've done your pre-shading, a lot of people either allow it to show through too much in which case it looks very odd or they spray too much of the finish colour over the top so that it can't even be seen - which then makes it pointless doing pre-shading in the first place?!

Yours is perfectly executed, subtle and nice, well done!! :coolio::thumbsup:

Kev :)

Well thank you very much Kev.

I really appreciate the encouragement as it's something I'm working on.

I think the overall basic "grey" schemes of the Eurofighter and the FA-18 made it all a bit easier and helped with the final result and effect of the pre-shade......which was lucky!

Cheers

Bruce

Excellent job of one of the worst kits I have ever had a go at! Top stuff!

Marc

Thanks Marc.

It does have a few issues. The way the kit goes together through the front intake and the rear fuselage towards the exhaust certainly isn't great! :banghead:

One nightmare for me of my own doing was chopping off the keys/lugs that fit the internal roller to the canards.

I managed a fix and the canards are still movable but it was touch and go right to the end lol!

Cheers

Bruce

Definately a silk purse out of a sow's ear build! Nice finish.

The wing mounted AMRAAMS are missing the Multi Function Rail Launchers,( the missiles don't attach directly to the pylon)

but that is just one of the many deficiencies in this kit!

Selwyn

• Like 1

As I did with my FA-18 I've taken a few more photos of the Eurofighter Typhoon after cleaning the lens on my phone camera!

I think the original photos seemed a bit "soft" and "fuzzy"

Hopefully these have better clarity and show a little more detail.

Better detail on missile stencils

IMG_6676_zpsm0uqhchd.jpg

Bit clearer overall maybe?

IMG_6677_zpskhvf8v0s.jpg

Again just a bit clearer overall

IMG_6679_zpssrfimoqw.jpg

much nicer rear stencil and wash detail

IMG_6681_zpsweoota3c.jpg

I think that made a bit of an improvement so something I'll watch for on the photography side going forward

Cheers

Bruce

Edit: to re-instate photos!

• Like 1

Superb job Bruce,not everyone's go to kit for the Typhoon but you've turned out a beauty :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve....I think I'll get back into WWII props after my little foray into grey coloured jets! :coolio:

• Like 1