Bye Bye, Aston DBR1

The display case has arrived, name plate fitted.

She's off to her new home sometime next week when her new owner gets back from the Paris Retromobile.

Be sad to see this one go.

Hope those who followed the thread enjoyed the build half as much as I did:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983796-18-aston-martin-dbr1/

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234995543-18-aston-martin-dbr1/

Roy.

P1011452_zpsezgexuqm.jpg

P1011449_zpsg7t05wlf.jpg

P1011451_zpsjwzguchj.jpg

P1011454_zpsxnok0rqy.jpg

P1011450_zpsowhvjfs0.jpg

• Like 7

Roy, another beauty, another masterpiece for someone to love, you can't put a price on artwork like that, it's priceless, unfortunately it's true worth won't be recognised it you're long gone, but it's safe to say the new owners offspring will be mulitly-millionaires when they inherit it.

Who ever has this coming to them has got themselves a seriously great car, not knowing how much they paid I would say they have got themselves something that is of better quality than amalgams big cars

Shaun

Edited by shood23

The display case has arrived,....

Roy, can I ask where you get your cases from please and what thickness of material do you use for 1/8th cars?

I've recently had a couple of relatively small (compared to 1/8th cars) 3mm thick acrylic display coves made to measure

by Widdowsons, which I'm very pleased with.

Now I'm looking for a display cover only for my Pocher Muletto, but the cost of having one made in 5mm acrylic is surprisingly high;

but maybe 3mm would suffice?

Roy, can I ask where you get your cases from please and what thickness of material do you use for 1/8th cars?

I've recently had a couple of relatively small (compared to 1/8th cars) 3mm thick acrylic display coves made to measure

by Widdowsons, which I'm very pleased with.

Now I'm looking for a display cover only for my Pocher Muletto, but the cost of having one made in 5mm acrylic is surprisingly high;

but maybe 3mm would suffice?

PM on the way...

Roy.