Humbrol discontinuing 32 colours

Truro Model Builder

I would like to think so but I suspect not. One of the RAF blues was recently corrected if I remember rightly -I seem to recall a lengthy thread on the subject.

The impression I get is that the management at Hornby take a very sales-orientated line; if it don't sell it gets dropped. Seeing that quite a few kits have been removed from the Airfix line up I can well believe it.

Though who is buying enough no.200 gloss pink for it to stay?

Barbie ?

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

I went to my LHS today looking for three Humbrol paints only to discover that they had no Humbrol products at all. They didn't even have the racks they used to use for enamels or acrylics. Its like the entire brand has vanished off the face of the earth. What's going on!

On 7/22/2021 at 11:56 PM, Geoff Bizley said:

I went to my LHS today looking for three Humbrol paints only to discover that they had no Humbrol products at all. They didn't even have the racks they used to use for enamels or acrylics. Its like the entire brand has vanished off the face of the earth. What's going on!

Did you ask the the people at the shop? I cannot walk 10 minutes without falling over Humbrol enamels here.

2 hours ago, sapperastro said:

Did you ask the the people at the shop? I cannot walk 10 minutes without falling over Humbrol enamels here.

I'm guessing it's a dispute between that shop owner and Humbrol/Hornby. I'm guessing the shop owner is past due on Humbrol's bill, has been cut off from future supplies until the bill has been paid, blames Humbrol, and in a fit of pique has removed all Humbrol products. I've seen it happen before with other shops and other product lines.

Edited by Space Ranger

On 22/07/2021 at 14:56, Geoff Bizley said:

My local Hobbycraft has done that too. Just the remainders of their Humbrol stock tucked away on a shelf and all the racks taken away. Shame as that was the last reason to visit.

As I understand it from information gleaned; Hobbycraft did not get a good / favourable renewed supply deal from Hornby so have dropped the Airfix / Humbrol items in favour of Revell and Tamiya

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Black Knight said:

As I understand it from information gleaned; Hobbycraft did not get a good / favourable renewed supply deal from Hornby so have dropped the Airfix / Humbrol items in favour of Revell and Tamiya

From what I saw when I visited a few weeks ago they are doing away with Tamiya too, leaving just Revell - at least in my branch, maybe different in others.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nheather said:

From what I saw when I visited a few weeks ago they are doing away with Tamiya too, leaving just Revell - at least in my branch, maybe different in others.

Cheers,

Nigel

Had to pop to another shop across the way from the Stevenage Hobbycraft so I had a quick look to see what they had done. All Revell paints,sundries and a lot of their easy snap-together kits are in.Hornby brands definitely out, even the Humbrol remainders have gone. Still have Tamiya paint, must be a good seller, and a few Italeri kits but Revell have got the gig.