Bond, James Bond, er Lotus Esprit Sub that is...

directorcass

Well, while waiting for warmer weather and parts to arrive for another project I figured I would start on this, the all new tool from Fujimi, James Bond's Lotus sub car from The Spy Who Loved Me. Its a simple curbside (seaside?) kit with a basic tub interior. All the parts are crisply molded in various colored plastic.The body and window louvers are very nice. All lights are clear lenses with separate chrome buckets. Door panels are molded in place and are the only low spot in the kit, lacking detail. Fujimi has also announced there will be a street version released later this month, probably not as a Bond car though.

2e64ln8.jpg

t02nox.jpg

k362kx.jpg

d9ljs.jpg

1z5810y.jpg

2vcjr6f.jpg

28a8b9e.jpg

2rxd6qx.jpg

Got most of the body assembled and primered and the first few coats of white laid down.

Primer-

2hxvci0.jpg

Base white applied-

2ccmdcl.jpg

Edited by directorcass
  • Like 7

I used to have that and the Nichimo 1/24 kit, never built either of them and wound up selling them years ago.

Got the last coats of white on the body this weekend. I'll wait for it gas out for a few days and then squirt the clear stuff. Really love this kit and can't wait for the street version!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...