1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIE/EA/EBR & O by Modelsvit - MIIIE/EA/EBR/O released

Homebee

6 hours ago, Robert said:

Hope the decal guys are taking notice of this kit as l hope  to see some appearing soon afterwards.

Robert

I'll second that. I'd go South American....... Or maybe French to pair with the SMB2 that might some time come ;) .........

I just hope Modelsvit include long range tanks!

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

Does the Mirage IIIE serves as base for the Swiss Mirage IIIS?

Cause I have a couple of PJ/HPM conversions but only one old tool PJ Mirage IIIE and I was planning to fetch a couple of upgraded toolings but this will maybe do the trick, hoping that someone will also unleash a freaking Mirage III NG conversion someday

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite

22 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

This is looking fab! Modelsvit produce great stuff and so I hope this will follow their normal trend. So how about a IIIR? That would get my vote.

Martin

I just hope they won't be too heavy-handed on the rivets (which is what annoys me about the RV kit). Mirage fuselages are pretty sleek in reality. No use in giving them the skin of a T-6! Mind you, I don't have any experience with Modelsvit kits, so my remark is solely based on the 3D renders.

1 hour ago, ivand said:

I just hope they won't be too heavy-handed on the rivets (which is what annoys me about the RV kit). Mirage fuselages are pretty sleek in reality. No use in giving them the skin of a T-6! Mind you, I don't have any experience with Modelsvit kits, so my remark is solely based on the 3D renders.

I do, Ivan, and they are usually great. :)

Martin

4 hours ago, ivand said:

I have next models from Modelsvit:

Mirage III-V, Yak-140, M-17, I-3U, I-7U, I-320; E-150(early edition), E-150(late edition), E-152A, E-152M, MiG-21F, Su-7, Su-7BM,Su-7IG, S-32 hybrid, Su-17M, Su-17M3....I don't see mass riveting on this models!

So as I suppose Mirage IIIE it's first all riveting model Modelsvit? 

If this is the case, then it's meaningless to judge by 3D rendering about riveting. 

Good  or bad riveting on Mirage III E  from Modelsvit we know only when see mould!

But anyway all riveting models it's new level for Modelsvit!

B.R.

Serge

11 hours ago, Aardvark said:

I have next models from Modelsvit:

Mirage III-V, Yak-140, M-17, I-3U, I-7U, I-320; E-150(early edition), E-150(late edition), E-152A, E-152M, MiG-21F, Su-7, Su-7BM,Su-7IG, S-32 hybrid, Su-17M, Su-17M3....I don't see mass riveting on this models!

So as I suppose Mirage IIIE it's first all riveting model Modelsvit? 

If this is the case, then it's meaningless to judge by 3D rendering about riveting. 

Good  or bad riveting on Mirage III E  from Modelsvit we know only when see mould!

But anyway all riveting models it's new level for Modelsvit!

B.R.

Serge

Agreed. Where did this talk of RV come from? Why dont we save on anguish and wait until the sprue shots come!

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner

6 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Agreed. Where did this talk of RV come from? Why dont we save on anguish and wait until the sprue shots come!

Martin

The RV kit was mentioned on the first page in this thread.

I agree with you - we should just wait for the first sprue shots. Sorry for starting off about hypothetical rivets! 😊

Edited by ivand

11 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Why dont we save on anguish and wait until the sprue shots come!

But what about spiritual torment, sleepless nights, fortune telling, spiritualistic sessions with the spirit of the computer that projects 3D renderers Mirage IIIE ? :)

You do not want megapages 

discussion of the 3-d renders without which not only does one self-respecting modelers forum? :)

In the end, do you want to leave the Prozac sellers without money from the modelers? :)

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/posts/2214931425442563

Hello friends, some fresh news from us: 
1/72 Mirage III E's molding is already in progress, soon first sprue sets shall be presented. Meanwhile, take a look at its art-box.
The kit comes in November/December with complete aftermarket package( PE sheet /ncl. instument panel/, adhesive masks /inner and outer/), pair of missiles AIM-9B and Matra Magic II, Phimat Chaff Dispenser, Barrax ECM pod and ..... AN-52 nuclear bomb.
For your full satisfaction, we have added 3 types of external fuel tanks, each having capacity of: 500L, 1300L and 1700L, and 3 colouring schemes (see bellow).

43318863.jpg

43390569.jpg

V.P.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"Those of you, expecting riveting on the fuselage and wings, hope shall stay satisfied!"

:facepalm:

Jay

(Sorry if I seem negative -- Delta Mirages have been a long time coming so perhaps good on Modelsvit in that respect)

Edited by Mountain goat

3 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

"Those of you, expecting riveting on the fuselage and wings, hope shall stay satisfied!"

I am not satisfied, quite the opposite really.

2 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

OMG, I really hope this trend would soon be over!

We can only live in hope, talk about the Emperor's new clothes.

1 hour ago, Tomppa B said:

Judging from the picture they have located every single panel line and rivet and reproduced them faithfully.

And placed a hole where the rivet will go to make the surface flush you mean.

Sorry Modelsvit, you've lost a potential customer with these divots.

Guess I'll be waiting for the Special Hobby kits.

• Like 2

Wow guys,

It's really not that hard to fill in or sand off the rivet details if you hate them. 

Isn't it more important the shape and dimensions are accurate? Good canopy and cockpit detail also?

Seems like a lot of anguish over rivets that are not hard to make disappear.

Just now, Homerlovesbeer said:

Wow guys,

It's really not that hard to fill in or sand off the rivet details if you hate them. 

Isn't it more important the shape and dimensions are accurate? Good canopy and cockpit detail also?

Seems like a lot of anguish over rivets that are not hard to make disappear.

In this case it's a small model, literally covered with divots. The shape may get ruined by all the sanding. Also I can imagine that if I'd remove the rivets I'd end up removing panel lines too. I could rescribe everything -  but then why should I spend money for removing divots and resribing if there are old kits which need similar treatment. 

My take: rivets make for great detail and when made well you have a seriously nice detailed-looking model. If you want realistic-looking however...

Agree with Wez, won't be buying the six I want now, will wait for Special Hobby.

Jay

Ok got it. 

Mr surfacer 1000/1500 and a smail paintbrush along the rivets would make the job an ok task though and keep panel detail intact. 

Edit: hmm maybe not. You are right...far too many of them. A heavy coat of primer and a rescibe probably the best option.

Edited by Homerlovesbeer

My take on the rivet thing at the moment is that the technology now exists to put this level of detail in and so it suddenly becomes expected by a certain section of the model building community. I am currently building the Eduard 1/72nd Spitfire that covered in them and a lot of people rave about them. I fancy one to do an Aussie 111O, but will reserve judgment until it appears. 

Unfortunately there seems to be more people now that want rivets on there  kits, they seem to prefer "nice" looking models over a realistic one. Personally I'm not keen on rivet holes in 1/72 but these to look to be pretty fine so I may be able to live with them.

• Like 2