1/72 - Dassault Mirage IIIE/EA/EBR & O by Modelsvit - MIIIE/EA/EBR/O released

Homebee

WooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!!

I can't do emoticons from this phone but bet your bottom dollar I will do when I get home!

To say I'm well pleased is a mild understatement.

Edited by Wez

WooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!!

I can't do emoticons from this phone but bet your bottom dollar I will do when I get home!

To say I'm well pleased is a mild understatement.

Right, I'm home now!

Here goes

:thumbsup::bounce::frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :Tasty: :Tasty: :D:clap2: :clap2:

Is that enough?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

That could really be the news of the decade!

Thanks for posting!

EDIT: all I hope for is that the kit is simple but accurately shaped in EVERY RESPECT! And I also hope the windshield comes molded like this:

CR4%20para%20Mirage%20IIIE%20de%20Models

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom

Modelsvit: :wub:

Jay

PS: Really baffling that mainstream producers wouldn't and still won't touch this iconic type. Am I alone in thinking this?

No! About time right? :) Also the Mirage 2000 series in 1/72 needs some of the same attention now!

David.

Edited by mirageiv

Modelsvit: :wub:

Jay

PS: Really baffling that mainstream producers wouldn't and still won't touch this iconic type. Am I alone in thinking this?

No you're not.

No! About time right? :) Also the Mirage 2000 series in 1/72 needs some of the same attention now!

David.

Agreed, there isn't a truly decent kit of the 2000 in this scale.

Wonder if they are going to cover Mirage IIIC or other types as well. Hmmm...

But everyone does a IIIC which is really annoying! The oft trotted out excuse that it has a combat history doesn't really apply when compared to the Mirage IIIE/5 series as they too have a combat history, furthermore, the IIIE/5 series offer more, varied and unusual colour schemes. I wouldn't miss a IIIC but I do miss a decent, modern IIIE/5.

Wez

Hmm... I thought there is a decent IIIE/5 from PJ/High Planes. Is it not that good?

Recent RV models is just IIIC - that is true.

The HP kit is not bad but suffers from some heavy panel lines. Personally the aspect I like less of this kit is however the price, they are not cheap. The PJ boxing is a bit better but still a bit expensive for what is afterall not a large model. True that it's not the size that dictates the price but in any case spending €30 (or the equivalent in £) for a Mirage kit is a bit too much for my taste.

The RV kit is just a III-C but the box also includes the parts for a III-E so one of these can be built if the modeller has spare decals. The instruction sheet also mentions what parts to use to build a III-E. This is a more reasonably priced kit (€20 a piece), is better than the HP/PJ in some aspects but worse in others

• Like 1

Personally the aspect I like less of this kit is however the price, they are not cheap. The PJ boxing is a bit better but still a bit expensive for what is afterall not a large model. True that it's not the size that dictates the price but in any case spending €30 (or the equivalent in £) for a Mirage kit is a bit too much for my taste.

+1, especially when considering other kits, like Special Hobby's new Mirage F.1, are around half that price.

Jay

Not sure that Modelsvit would be cheaper than RV. Su-7/17 are sold at around 20-30 USD in Eastern Europe and at 20-30 GBP at big H.

I completely agree that HP and RV Mirages both have their weak points - heavy panel lines/heavy rivets + some minor errors.

Personally I'm still waiting for an ultimate Mirage III to come - so I'd welcome if Modelsvit produces Mirage III at the level of their Su-7 and avoid errors. Also I hope that they will not stop with IIIE and will pack other versions as well including 5 and Nesher (oh please!).

So let's see what comes out.

Edited by Dennis_C

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/4/2016 at 6:34 PM, f4h1phantom said:

Do the Modelsvit guys have an e-mail or some way to contact them?

Jorge.

Facebook, they are good at replying most of the time.

Goods news too for the people who love French stuff, going off their Mirage III V-01 and V-02 (have both, and both are very nice!), this will be a lovely kit and *accurate*. I never have a bad thing to say about Modelsvit..... 

3D renders.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/posts/2201103346825371?__xts__[0]=68.ARCW8VUcquuO_A_3O2w9H7RYs0Fj85VDzoc5MV4VSIWmSFS-AeLMGcXklUdeBlU2HbQXEE8yEHhUbEy9ZXHsx__LhWsNnVVAaV4f5U9-BDPaoJZcQbgtKAjcmh1yVk-ze6uHMRVoYbqnBCcITpJX2Y8k1F1feOFy_v4VUQb8s3cEx9_2CLYDOA&__tn__=-R

Check-out the 3D renders of our upcoming kit of Mirage III E (1/72 scale). The design process has been recently finalized, molding preparation under way.... Expected for release in this winter.

41676312.jpg

41585098.jpg

41522458.jpg 41606093.jpg

41606093.jpg 41606976.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

On 3 February 2016 at 5:35 PM, Wez said:

But everyone does a IIIC which is really annoying! The oft trotted out excuse that it has a combat history doesn't really apply when compared to the Mirage IIIE/5 series as they too have a combat history, furthermore, the IIIE/5 series offer more, varied and unusual colour schemes. I wouldn't miss a IIIC but I do miss a decent, modern IIIE/5.

Wez

Agreed, Wez